1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

glass breaker that fits in Key Bar?

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by steviesterno, Sep 8, 2017.

1. steviesterno

steviesterno Loaded Pockets

hey all,

looking to find a glass breaker or carbide tip I can add to my existing keybar so I always have it handy. I want it to be about as thick as a key or 2, and be able to swing in and out of the bar like the keys do.

I've carried knives and pens with breaker tips and always end up getting stabbed with them. Not looking to add much bulk to what I already have.

I have real glass breakers in my car and truck. Which helped because I've needed to use them. This tool would be a escape through a work window or open a car with baby in it as I'm walking by type tool.

2. lnytunes

lnytunes Loaded Pockets

Have you looked at the Boker Plus Pry tool? I'm in the same boat, in that I wanted a tool to break a window in case of an emergency, so I carry the Tacray Tactical Pen with the ceramic ball instead of the tungsten tip so TSA wouldn't give me a second look.

3. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

SOG did a multitool that, if memory serves, a carbide tip pointy thing, (if I'm getting too technical I apologise;)) - they might offer a spare.

Ah, here we are https://www.heinnie.com/sog-multi-tool-spares-c-4-eod-spike

Would that do?

4. steviesterno

steviesterno Loaded Pockets

I have the Boker tool, but that won't really fit in my Key bar. Used to carry it by itself but I just didn't need the size or bulk of it almost ever. My office is low key, and if I need tools I can go get them out of my truck or desk.