1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Gift options, Fenix E11 or 47 p0-ss?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by jzmtl, Jan 22, 2014.

1. jzmtl

jzmtl Loaded Pockets

Girlfriend has mentioned she'd like a flashlight. So with valentine's day is coming up , I though I'd give her a flashlight instead of chocolate and make her fat.

These two options are available in local store, with good mix of quality/price. E11 is more powerful, but bigger, and I guess uglier looking from girl's point of view. P0-ss is smaller, but weaker, at only 25 lumen flood I'm not sure how useful it would be. However both will be run on alkaline cells, so maybe the more powerful E11 is a moot point.

So which one? Obviously I can't ask her, but I'm leaning towards P0 at the moment.

2. sl66ICEcuba

sl66ICEcuba Loaded Pockets

I have had both, numerous P0's. Overall when it comes to durability I will have to lean to the E11, if the PO's are tightened too much overtime they don't make proper contact and start to flicker. You need to be gentle with them and in all honesty the magnet in the back is good but it sticks to everything! It becomes annoying, glad my entire set up is titanium now. I have to give it to the P0 for size and appearance, it is sooo small and looks great. Depends on if your girl has the patience for the subtle touch to just gentle turn it on or off, if she isn't really like that I would suggest the E11 because the light wont poop the bed as fast. Just my experience...

3. Roger

Roger Loaded Pockets

I like the P0. Not sure how soon you need the light but some pics from the 47s booth at SHOT show an Atom AA..just sayin'..

4. CrazyHighVoltage

CrazyHighVoltage Loaded Pockets

if she uses it allot an e11
    if she wants a nice light get the p0

and how about a olight i3s, they come in red, purple, gold and blue and are also compact, bright and have more modes

5. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

Heh. I vote the E11 - bigger, but still easily carried in a purse. The silver might be more eye-catching than the black, if that's a concern.

Another possibility is the Thrunite Tis - single mode, runs on a single AAA. Small enough to slip on a keychain, but powers up to 60 lumens for about an hour. And available in a variety of colors.

6. Roger

Roger Loaded Pockets

Just got the 47s email newsletter....the Atom AA has been released. Honestly though, i wouldn't pick either of the lights you asked about. I bought my wife an Olight i3 that she kept in her purse for a while until I replaced it with a titanium ET D25A.

7. ItsHardToKnow

ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

8. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

I'm not a fan of alkalines and know better to restrain my lady from chocolate :p. IMO, I would go P0 as it's smaller and I don't really like Fenix (preference only).

Preferably I would order an Olight i3s. Great clip and keychain clip.

tmedina likes this.
  9. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

I bought the Atom AA earlier tonight.... and also gave my wife a NW D25A Ti (2012)... The 2014 Ti N219 would make a great significant other light.

10. Elduka

Elduka Loaded Pockets

I vote for the Fenix, I like their stuff

11. billybatson

billybatson Loaded Pockets

I think the 47's light is the better looking of the two. I think that's the one my wife would prefer.

12. jzmtl

jzmtl Loaded Pockets

If it was for me I'd get the more powerful one no question, but aesthetic is an important factor here. I just wish the P0 is more directional instead of all flood.

Anyway I'm pretty sure what I'll do now. Will buy the p0, and if she likes it then good, if she wants something more powerful, I'll buy her a 123a light later on, heck this way I even have her next gift planned. :D

Single guys really get screwed on the gift giving/receiving ratio, lol.

13. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

Olight i3 and Fenix E 11 are both good lights. What has she mentioned about your lights?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

14. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Loaded Pockets

I guess the question would be "Function or Fashion"?
    From a function point of view, the E11 is much brighter, bigger(easy to find in her purse)
    I looked at the 4/7 myself and found that for the brightness vs cost comparison, there are better lights out there.
    My wife has my E11, has had it for a couple of months now and the only way I may get one back is to buy another...Woo Hoo, a new light!!

15. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

Hope you aren't too attached to an E11 - they're getting pretty tough to find. :D

16. 62Tele

62Tele Loaded Pockets

The E11 has worked well for me. Anybody seen the new E12 yet?

17. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

Doesn't come out til the 27th - I have one on pre-order. By accident. Looks like a decent utility light, if nothing else.

18. Flash Owl

Flash Owl Loaded Pockets

for purse or pocket carry, the fenix.
    for keychain, the preon. actually i would rather choose a fenix E01. i notice the purple finished E01 are popular amongst girls.

my preon 0, had a cracked lens (its made of plastic) after a short time. changing modes on it was kind of a pain, since i always had to cycle to high. its low mode was too dim, especially since its all flood. its low mode only seems useful if your eyes are completely dark adapted. it also does not have any grippiness, and the threads are not smooth at all. its beam is subjective, but i didnt care for the flood, and would rather have some intensity.
    the fenix E01, is rugged, simple and easy to use, with long runtimes. only drawback is its purple tint. but as a keychain light, it does the job.

maybe you should buy both? :D one for pocket/purse, and the other for keys. that way she'll have options and can try out different interfaces, and types of lights.

19. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

I don't have experience with the lights you mentioned, but when I wanted a very small, purse light that would cover all of the bases for my wife, I bought her a 4Sevens CR2. She loves it, and uses it regularly. She has low, long lasting light if she needs it, but the little CR2 can also light things up pretty well if she needs something brighter. She's had it for about 3 years now, and it's still going strong. Only issue is battery is not as common as AA or AAA, but I keep her in batteries pretty well (although the batter doesn't need replaced very often).