1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Ghost of Lummi?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Tallboyjim, Oct 26, 2014.

1. graham_s
    • In Omnia Paratus

graham_s Loaded Pockets

As I understand it the new company wants to make things right with the people who are owed goods.
    Time will tell if they're on the up and up or not.
    Personally I had a lummi years ago and lost it somewhere.
    There are better torches out there now, so I've not felt the need to replace it.
    It was my edc light for a while coupled with a Camillus stockman....

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera Loaded Pockets

I discovered their Etsy site myself last night, and I got this response from them today:

- - -

Dear [deusexaethera]

We have found your outstanding order from 2010, Orrbott would like to extend our apologies to hear that your order was not completed, sadly, as you will hopefully be aware of our announcement from seeing Facebook, Lummi experienced both manufacturing and financial difficulties resulting in its inability to fulfil orders and continue trading successfully.

Over the last few weeks Orrbott has also made a decision on Lummi outstanding orders and how best to proceed. This information below will now be being passed on to all previous Lummi customers that have outstanding orders over the next few weeks.

Orrbott Designs is a new company and it is unfortunately not financially viable for us to inherit and refund/complete Lummi's outstanding matters as our own. There is also the issue of some products no longer being available and with the limited amount of products that we do have it would be unfair to send some customers an item and not others, in addition to this once these products were gone Orrbott would cease and no one else would receive any compensation so we must begin trading with these. If we do not begin trading then Orrbott will not be to offer any goodwill to Lummi customers and the company will not be sustainable.

However, we are taking the Lummi outstanding orders very seriously and want to make you aware how much Rob wishes to make amends with the issues with Lummi and we will do our best to support this. With this in mind we have asked Rob to design a new torch, which will be the first Orrbott torch and will be a limited edition, i.e. only available to the previous Lummi customers affected by outstanding orders and they will not be available for general sale. In addition to the limited edition torch and where the amount outstanding is substantial, Orrbott would like to provide a fair discount on new torch orders which is valid until 1st December 2015.

The torch is currently being designed and will then need to be manufactured, once the design is finalised we will post an update on facebook and we are aiming to complete small batches at a time in chronological order, so those customers who have been waiting the longest will receive theirs first and so on. We realise this means asking customers that have already been waiting some time to be patient a while longer but this is the fairest way we can think of to do this. The discount offer is available immediately and if you wish to make a purchase you would need to contact us with the item you would like for a personalised discounted amount.

We do need to reiterate that many companies would not try to make amends once a company goes into difficulty and the customer's funds would be irretrievable so we hope our idea will go some way to reinstating a good reputation for Lummi torches and for Orrbott Designs' start.

Kind Regards
    Orrbott Designs

- - -

We'll see.

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera Loaded Pockets

Anyway, if anyone's looking for a nice little two-mode pocket flashlight, the Tain Ottavino is an excellent choice. It has a two-mode progressive-twisty interface, a rosy tint, a cut-knurled titanium shell, it runs on 1xAAA, and it has a tritium locator vial in the tail. I liked it so much I bought spares.

thePlumbah likes this.
  4. Essexman

Essexman Loaded Pockets

Blerv likes this.
  5. NonSenCe

NonSenCe Loaded Pockets

i am so happy got my lummi just before it all caved in some 6 years ago. i had to hassle him for a month or so to get my raw really shipped to me.. but it did come and has been perfect edc user ever since.

i just "knew" something was up with orbott thing.. 1st it seemed it was that they "will do right to old customers that got burned" and then it became "old customers that got skrewd before can start sending more money to buy a new light for special price instead of getting it for free or the old one shipped or refund all the money." basically send more money for nothing you suckers and fools.

6. horgerg

horgerg Loaded Pockets

I can't believe this :censored: can still pull stunts like these. :furious:
    I would not want it for free from these kinds of people, let alone giving them any of my hard-earned money. ;)

thePlumbah and Bowman1911 like this.
  7. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Blerv and Bowman1911 like this.
  8. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Originally posted on CPF by grayhighh (cary)....

:eek: Oh my.....

[​IMG]

ATB,
    Sam

twin63, Nick4305, Dorian and 3 others like this.
  9. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

OMG. Uh...What's a Lummi and who cares? Shiny!

10. mark1981

mark1981 Empty Pockets

Its still him at Orrbott ive had problems ive mentioned in cpf under lummi problems orrbott. His statements are a falsehood. Beware before you buy because there is no buyer protection on Etsy. Its a perfect vehicle for his continued scams.....

Blerv likes this.
  11. JHGM

JHGM Dinosaur Supervisor

P.S...

My wallet hates you indigo_wolf...

;)

12. keith6

keith6 Loaded Pockets

So sad as those who got one of his products really like them. I got mine 10 mths later not until giving him some serious legal threats

13. SF1

SF1 Banned

If you have any second guesses, forget if, the age of the custom light is over, for all but a couple. Mac's Customs Collapsed recently. The golden age of the custom light ended in 2008. We will never see some of the masterpieces made from 2000 thru 2008-10. If you can get any good custom light on the market do it, the ones from the heyday are just wonderful! Other than that it's production...all the way!

14. coolerking

coolerking Loaded Pockets

i have a couple of lummi lights, and beads.
    I have had the lights for a long time, before the guy started to struggle and didn't know where he was up to, taking money and forgetting to make the item, then he got another job and it seemed that production seemed to cease completely.
    However, i spoke to him as i wanted a couple of his beads to go with my now battle torn lights, they were in stock and ready to ship, so 8 months later when they finally arrived i put them on my lights, this was after constantly mithering the guy!
    He did seem genuine, i think there was more to the whole situation than we will ever know and i am glad that i didnt pay up for a custom order, i was so close to doing it as well. I fell for the guys that lost out!
    I saw the orbott posts on facebook and etsy, i do hope rob is still involved in someway as the lights he designed are nice, i do also hope that someone with a little more business acumen is at the helm.

15. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I wonder how Don (MaGizmo) Mcleish is doing. I purchased one of his Ti offering nearly a decade ago. It is my most cherished of his creations.

16. SF1

SF1 Banned

I am sure he is doing fine, I just bought a Makai from him. He surfs,, and makes lights. No worries about him...he is an excellent businessman.

And that would be McGizmo, or as I call him "McGiz!"

But we are in the post custom light age...

If you can swing it, get a McGiz or two, you will have them the rest of your life!

Best wishes,

SF1

Last edited by SF1, Mar 10, 2015
  17. SF1

SF1 Banned

Not to defend any one but the 2008 depression, let's call it as it is, ruined many a small businessman. The Great Recession my :censored:! And were still in it.

Lou_G likes this.
  18. SF1

SF1 Banned

Wait, what light did you get a decade ago? Want to sell it?

19. SF1

SF1 Banned

I say, if you like customs search here, cpf and get what you like. And, keep it! Yes, a small batch may pop up now and again, but the heyday of the custom flashlight is long gone. And for good.

20. SF1

SF1 Banned

Well Mopar is great and much more than any flashlight. Please keep the old cars going! Please!

Jarhead Greasemonkey likes this.