1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Get Home Bag Photo and Contents Thread

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by bjoseph725, Nov 2, 2016.

1. bjoseph725

bjoseph725 Loaded Pockets

Plenty of threads here for pics of EDC bags. But let's get together some pics of bags we use when we are spending more/unexpected time away from home. You know- something in between EDC and BOB. I'll start and you guys can decide if we want to include descriptions or not :)

[​IMG]

2. bnate

bnate Loaded Pockets

Looks good. Always interested in the "Big 3". See the Bivvy sack. What's in the blue stuff sack? hammock?

Humble suggestion...looks like 1 freeze dried meal. Maybe add some meal replacement bars for more portable calories....or is that the lower left "milk chocolate" something...?

Nice setup.

3. bjoseph725

Thanks. Blue stuff sack is a down quilt. I also have granola bars and drink mixes in the pink make-up bag :D

4. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

Dude, it's not a pink makeup bag it's sunset tactical pouch ;)

5. bjoseph725

Ha, thanks for the comments, guys. How about beefing up the thread with some pics!? :Juggle:

6. Pepsi Jedi

Pepsi Jedi Loaded Pockets

I like the look of the Ghost. I have a Dragon's Egg and Dust. Both great bags for their slots. How you liking the Ghost? I've a ton of bags so it's hard to justify buying new ones. When.. I've likely got two excellent bags in that 'Slot" already, but.. I must say I LOVE Direct Action's quality. My Dragon's Egg and Dust are top in slot for me right now.

7. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Here is one of 3 bags that I have that are fitted out about the same way.
    One rides in each car all the time and I take all 3 cars on cross country trips several times a year so they are really designed to get me from anywhere to ? for the most part.

Oh and there are big water bottles in each side pocket too which I forgot to take out,gotta love the Rush 24!
    I can't believe that all of this fits and I took away a 2nd big tarp I didn't even realize was in there?

I needed to rotate some of this stuff anyway!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Husky is FAK
    Compression Sack is SnugPak Desert Bag
    Plastic case is Esbit Stove
    Red Bag is Fire
    Filter is rolled inside water bag
    I like to make sure that I can eat!

I will always have at least 2-1aa lights on me and a small HT too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by EZDog, Nov 3, 2016
    Treya, bjoseph725 and Gary Gross like this.
  8. Pepsi Jedi

I don't think that's going to get you home from across the country EZdog. :D

I have a Get home bag too but it's for getting me back from town about 35 to 40 miles away. Literally a 'Get HOME bag'

9. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I hear ya!

It seems sort of silly to me to pack more than 1 bag for a vehicle and I drive everywhere so what I have is what I have.

Last year I was on a job in rural Maine of all places and I got snowed in for 2 full days!
    The house had Power,heat and water thankfully but no Kitchen really or other supplies and this is the bag I had with me and all was fine actually better than I thought it might be.

Oh and the Cable TV was working too!:bundle-of-joy_throwvertical:

PragmaticMurphyist likes this.
  10. Pepsi Jedi

Oh you poor soul! Power, heat, and water, with cable tv! lol

I hear ya though. I live in the UP of MI. We get tons of snow. My town actually got the most in the contential US last year. So we keep get home bags and stuff in the car too. Just in case.

Better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

11. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

The interesting thing for me was realizing that I need to tweak the loadout and forgetting about it until now?
    My travel stuff was all back at the Hotel an hour or so away if no snow so I really needed some stuff that I already had on the trip but not in this bag.
    Walmart here I come!

Tristar777 likes this.
  12. Pepsi Jedi

Awesome. Better to know and be able to fix it, for next time and in extreme need!

I have to change mine out a few times a year. Summer here is radically different from winter. To the tune of 100s of inches of snow, and up to 140 degree difference in temp. So the clothing and stuff has to be radically different.

13. Pepsi Jedi

To be specific, a hot day in summer might run 95 here, and a cold day in winter -45. that's 45 degres BELOW Zero. Not below freezing.. below zero. that'd be about 80 degrees below freezing. Couple that with snow falls that go up to second story windows... and yeah.. Different packing for the seasons here.

14. PragmaticMurphyist

PragmaticMurphyist Loaded Pockets

I'm aiming to put together a GHB/unexpected stay bag myself, so I'll be interested to see what loadouts people have for their different circumstances. Thanks for starting this thread!

bjoseph725 likes this.
  15. bjoseph725

Your setup looks very similar to mine. Hoping to see some other folks chime in as well!