1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Gent's Knife Suggestions

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Digi, Jul 6, 2012.

1. IMightBeWrong

IMightBeWrong Loaded Pockets

I've been looking at the exact same one, Lightnig. I almost pulled the trigger on it the other night, but ended up going for an Emerson CQC-7 instead. It had been on my list for a loooong time.

2. Lightnig

Lightnig Loaded Pockets

ahhh yes, the '7 is one everyone should try out at least once.

Definately not for everyone, but an iconic knife for sure.

I've got a really wierd relationship with mine. I love to complain about it, nit-pick and find fault with it, have difficulty finding one thing i like about it, can never bring myself to carry it and to say I have used it sparcely is an understatement - and yet whenever I think about selling it I just can't bring myself to do it.

I make it sound like I hate the knife, but I don't. In fact I frequently find myself thinking I should have a Super 7, and maybe a mini 7 too. Of course, for my kind of use a 7A would be better suited, so would have to pick up one of those too...

Like I said, wierd...

3. grayman

grayman Loaded Pockets

I bought a MCusta Baby Katana w/ Damascus blade. Beautiful knife with the worst fit of any knife I have ever own. It wouldn't even lock open without modifcation to the blade tang. I was super disappointed. A $20 Gerber was more dependable.

4. Ted Andkilde

Ted Andkilde Loaded Pockets

Laguiole has some knives that "might" suit, stylish, no super steel options. I've seen them with lanyard holes but I don't know if the modern one's have them.

Aside from the height restriction, I'd recommend a LeafStorm, the clip is removable and the knife is a pocket sized piece of art.

T

5. Zookie

Zookie Loaded Pockets

Yea mcusta seems to be the ticket for you. Also check out the CRKT Eros. Beautiful, slim, titanium frame, with acuto steel and ikbs ball bearing system.

It's CRKT's best.

6. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

and also a chance that a .38 special might be fired. ;)

7. IMightBeWrong

That's odd. I've only ever heard good things about them until now. Who did you buy it through?

8. grayman

grayman Loaded Pockets

Same here. I bought it from Japanese Knives Direct. I've been buying from them for years and have ALWAYS been satisfied. I know I can correct the knife so I opted to keep it. I have just never gotten around to doing it.

9. grayman

grayman Loaded Pockets

I've got a CRKT Ripple with the IKBS system and the Japanese Acuto steel blade and really love the knife. I'm a huge fan of the IKBS and the Acuto steel has really held it's edge. I also have the Sampa

10. Zookie

Zookie Loaded Pockets

Yea can't beat that knife!

How do you like that Sampa? The looks of it never really attracted me honestly.

11. cubegleamer

cubegleamer Loaded Pockets

When I think of a "gentleman's knife" I think of something that's non-tactical. Take a look at the Northfield Little Carver.

12. Digi

Digi Loaded Pockets

I'm thinking about the Eros 2... If I can find it in a dealer that I want to buy from and it's in stock... no luck at BHQ, GP, KW, etc...

Last edited by Digi, Jul 8, 2012
  13. Digi

Digi Loaded Pockets

Nice little knife... the only problem that I find with a few of the knives like that is the price for what you get... for that much I wish they'd come with something other than AUS 8, 440C or 1095 (speaking generally, here)...

14. Chimay

Chimay Loaded Pockets

I really really like that knife.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

15. IMightBeWrong

I really like what you're named after, especially the one with the yellow label. :)