1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

GEN 4 Glocks

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Tango 191, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Tango 191

Tango 191 Loaded Pockets

2. SF1

SF1 Banned

Nothhing wrong with current, or older Glocks. I have several of the current models, and like my older model from 1991, with a few original Glock accy's best.

No reason to wait. The current Glocks are the best in the world. All there changes are for Cops who train once every six mos. I have many friends in LE, and all know very little, or nothing about firearms, and are lousy shooters. They are my good friends, and I do worry about them.

Do not buy the model made so there are no AD's at the station locker room. Looking at, and touching your chamber, and a dryfire realy makes for a safe tear down/field strip.

SF1

3. Tango 191

Tango 191 Loaded Pockets

my thoughts exactly i think im gonna go pick up a 21 in a few days

4. Doug S

Doug S Empty Pockets

5. TNRat

TNRat Loaded Pockets

I hope the Gen III's don't go away since I don't like the 4's. The new serrations don't work well with my hands, and the new grip is way to catchy for me. Perhaps I will get better deals on the used 3's since everyone will want to go with the latest style? :)

6. JerryD

JerryD Loaded Pockets

It sounds like you're thinking of the RTF2 frames, commonly called a gen 4... With the "fish gill" slide serrations and the rough textured frame. These are different than the yet to be released 4th generation glocks.
    The main changes in the 4th gen glocks are to be interhcangeable back straps, ambidexterous slide catch lever, and a reversable magazine release.

7. Hero

Hero Empty Pockets

I'm looking forward to seeing and handling the 4th gens when they come out. A couple LEOs over on Glocktalk have handled one in a pistol selection process they were going through recently. Big differences from the 3rd gen so far are supposedly:

-RTF4 grip texture -- not as aggressive as RTF2
    -reversible magazine catch (mags will have cut-out on both sides now)
    -frame will be SF in size and will come with two backstraps that can be added - one the size of standard 3rd gen, another the size of the G20/21
    -dual recoil spring set-up on all models similar to the G26/27/33

Glock claims that they are experiencing no malfunctions with their 4th gen G22s with weapon lights attached, so that's good news on that front.

8. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

why mess with "perfection"?
    glad I have my old style Glocks

9. Hero

Hero Empty Pockets

10. Golden

Golden Loaded Pockets

The next generation of uncomfortable pistol grips...

11. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

:iagree: me too! I have an early generation with no finger grooves and prefer it over the others I've shot!

12. TNRat

TNRat Loaded Pockets

At least they got the serrations right. Call it whatever you like but the Gen 3 works for me and I hope to be able to stay with it for years to come. I have the G23 OD Gen 3 in my pocket right now. It's amazing how much you can stick in the pockets of these Carhartt bibs. :angel:

13. sanddragger28

sanddragger28 Empty Pockets

These RTF are sure nice :shocked:

14. bfitterer

bfitterer Empty Pockets

I fondled one while contempating my next purchase and didn't like the texturing. ended up buying a sig instead. maybe next time glock

15. SF1

SF1 Banned

I guess this new idea may work for some, but of all my Glocks, I like my early models with no finger grooves the best.

I do not plan to make any Glock changes anytime soon, I like what I have.

Any of our glocks, will give us a lifetime of service, and who ever we pass them on to will also get a lifetime of use out of them as well.

Best,

SF1

16. SF1

SF1 Banned

17. swiftness

swiftness Loaded Pockets

I can't believe they finally got with the program and made a pistol with removable backstraps for all those glock grip haters. Now all they have to do is make their own .22lr conversion kit and a pistol caliber carbine.

18. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

I don't know about the pistol carbine part...but back when I was first looking for a .22LR conversion kit, I emailed Glock.

Got a nice reply from them - the gist of the email was that Glock had worked extensively with a few aftermarket manufacturers and (at that time) they highly recommeded the Advantage Arms kit.

I also emailed Lenny Magill - from all of his various "Glock oriented" websites - knowing his close ties to Glock - and he sent me a nice reply that he had tested the Advantage Arms kit really well and believed in it - even giving me specific ammo recommendations to use in the .22 kit!

I bought 2 of those kits from Lenny's site Glockstore.com for my Glock 23 - and I have used one extensively and have one put up (not sure why, but it is) They are good kits. If you use the recommended loads/brands...I can only think of one FTF and I must not have noticed the really dented casing when I was loading the mag.

On the backstraps - it's good they are trying to reach out...it's "too much about too little" to me...but then again, the first time I picked up my old-orginal grip, with no finger grooves...it fit my hand like a glove and I have loved it ever since. But again, if it sells more Glocks...that's a good thing!

19. swiftness

swiftness Loaded Pockets

I have an advantage arms kit for my g23 and had alot of problems with it (mainly failure to feeds, failure to eject, and light primer strikes). I usually cary the cleaning rod it came with in my back pocket for the FTE's. I even sent it back to advantage arms, I am shooting a g23 with a ny1 trigger spring in it so that migh be slowing my slide down or something but id didn't start until shooting 2000 rounds through it. It is still a nice little trainer. My father and brother also have kits (g17 & g23) and they rarely have problems with theirs. Have to use remington golden bullets with the kit.

20. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

yeah, swiftness I wonder if it isn't your trigger spring? since it's designed to work with "stock Glock" stuff...hmmm

sorry you had trouble. That stinks, but glad your dad and brother's are ok.

They cost a little more (yeah, right it's .22 ammo lol! ) but the CCI Stingers (maybe?) being "hyper - velocity"....I wonder if they would help?

and yes, Remington Golden Bullets and/or Mini-Mags were recommended to me. I've been good with the Rem's.