1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

GearGuy69's EDC thread and other stuff.

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by GearGuy69, Sep 24, 2015.

1. GearGuy69

GearGuy69 Loaded Pockets

went to the store today and decided to get this watch because i haven't had a watch with a steel band in some time, because my last watch with a steel band died on me after 10 years of use :(
    i don't know if you can see in the picture but the watch face is green and the ring around it is also green which i think looks good on this watch.
    and it has a date function which i'm really started to like on my other watches, so i really like that.

( sorry for bad pic quality )
    [​IMG]

2. de Vries
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

de Vries EDC Junkie!!!

Nice watch.

Not sure on the bayonets though, got two and they serve as dust collectors at the moment. Except for the Glock, you need that one.

Get the one without the saw back.

3. GearGuy69

GearGuy69 Loaded Pockets

Thanks, i think i'm getting addicted to watches, another hobby that that i can spend my money on :D
    Which bayonets do you have? i'd love to see a pic.
    yeah the one with the saw hurts your thumb when carving or whittling, and i just got that folding saw so why would i want a saw on the back of a knife.
    the only thing i haven't decided yet is wich color of glock knife i'm gonna buy, and i'm hoping to buy a custom fixed blade at the DKE, but i'm going with a friend of mine and his dad didn't decide if he wants to go with us or not because he's the driver.
    too bad i haven't got my drivers license yet, but i'll get that within this year :D

theirishboxer, ManVsLawn and Gallows like this.
  4. GearGuy69

GearGuy69 Loaded Pockets

Here's something cool i made at school, a tractor with working headlights which are activated with a switch.
    sorry for the bad pic but it's already dark but it does show the headlights nicely, i'll take a pic tomorrow in daylight so it can be seen better.
    everything was made by me, round parts on the lathe and platework at the workbench and the brass exaust was made on the cnc lathe.
    i can also take it apart tomorrow and show the steering piece and the axle pieces.
    [​IMG]

5. de Vries
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

de Vries EDC Junkie!!!

A long Mauser bayonet, probably from the 30's and a non stamped M5. No stamps on that kind of stuff is a bit of a no-no, I was young when I bought that one.

6. GearGuy69

GearGuy69 Loaded Pockets

the mauser bayonet looks cool, i wish i had bought a ak bayonet when i could because i've seen them before at local markets so i'm waiting for that market to come again and see if the guy that sold militairy stuff is there.

ManVsLawn and Gallows like this.
  7. marB

marB Loaded Pockets

That's quite a list. Which voyager type do you want exactly? The large tanto would be my choice.(mostly because of my freaking large hands...)

ManVsLawn, Gallows and GearGuy69 like this.
  8. GearGuy69

GearGuy69 Loaded Pockets

i'll probably get the medium clip point.

ManVsLawn, Gallows and marB like this.
  9. GearGuy69

GearGuy69 Loaded Pockets

mail call :D my new victorinox alox pioneer arrived, now i get why so many people have the alox infection ;)
    i already have the dutch army version of the pioneer and now i have the normal version too.
    [​IMG]

10. GearGuy69

GearGuy69 Loaded Pockets

Today's carry
    [​IMG]

11. GearGuy69

GearGuy69 Loaded Pockets

Today i went to a local hardware store to get a different stanley utility knife, because i have the stanley titan fixed blade( pic below ) which uses the small blades.
    which is great when you need a nice sturdy knife, but when cutting cardboard somehow it gets stuck and is very frustrating an annoying to do.
    [​IMG]

so i went to the store to get a stanley interlock 18mm which uses the long snap off blades( pic below ) and you can extend the blade and use the full length to cut through the cardboard which hopefully works well.
    i'll only use this stanley for cardboard and insulation and i'll use the titan fixed blade for the rest.
    [​IMG]

now behind this story is another story which i'm gonna tell now.
    so i was at the hardware store to get that stanley blade and i saw a a Leatherman Rebar in a display case with the sheath and a bitkit all for 80 euro's.
    so i bought that because i didn't have a rebar yet.

and i thought it was kinda funny to share with you that i went to the store to get something cheap and came back with a 80 euro Leatherman rebar :D

Nick4305 likes this.
  12. GearGuy69

GearGuy69 Loaded Pockets

i'm kinda getting into the greaser style :D

13. GearGuy69

GearGuy69 Loaded Pockets

i just bought this bicycle and i'm so excited, i can pick it up on friday so i can't wait.
    it has a built in headlight on the front fender and a springer fork, and the coolest thing is the little silver button on the fake tank because inside the tank is a horn which works when you press the button :D

[​IMG]

Nick4305 likes this.