1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

G'Day

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by Rocksy, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Rocksy

Rocksy Empty Pockets

Hey EDC'ers

My name is Rocksy and i live in Melbourne Australia, I'm not a traditional EDC user. I only use my EDC as a fishing bag, which is virtually everyday, so it counts i suppose.

I have a Foliage Green MaxPed Sitka crammed with my essential fishing gear. I only fish artificial's so i carry a lot of hardbody lures and soft plastics.

I wade for Trout and Redfin Perch and Carp a fair bit so a sling bag is a god send for me.

Being rarely more than a few hundred meters from my car being a tradesman i don't need a work EDC, it's too much with tool boxes and tool bags.
    But i have used my sitka when working up a ladder for long periods or up in boom lifts/scissor lifts for tools and the like.

I'm also into making lanyards and i'm aiming to get into leather work fairly soon, so i'm going to love it here.

Luego

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rocksy

Rocksy Empty Pockets

the bag weighs in at just over 4KG packed in the photos.
    The problem is the bottom of the bag get immersed in water when i wade my local lake, so i need something a bit wider and shorter than a Sitka but with a sling strap

Ideas anyone?

3. yokomode

yokomode Empty Pockets

Not trying to cause any offence here but, if you live in Melbourne, Australia.... where the heck do you wade for Trout "virtually everyday" ?

Also, are Maxpedition items (such as your pack) available in Melbourne or was it an online purchase?

4. Tombstone

Tombstone Loaded Pockets

Melbourne!
    What a coincidence! I just recently made friends with a girl from Melbourne who arrived here (Akita, Japan) in September to study.
    I'm always amazed at just how many people from all of the world are members of this forum.
    Nice pack, btw.

5. yokomode

yokomode Empty Pockets

Akita? -woah you are even more 'removed' than me. :)
    i am in Hiroshima for part of the year and usually in Melbourne for the remainder.

6. Rocksy

Rocksy Empty Pockets

i have a lake with trout in it around the corner from me, it's a bit warm for trout at the moment but the Redfin are on the bite.

I bought it via Ebay after i was quoted $228 for the Sitka from the only place that sells them here.

7. leefx

leefx Empty Pockets

Hey Rocksy; nice set-up! Fishing rules, and your "tackle pack" kicks my little Plano tackle box's butt!

Would the new MAXPED "Noatak" gearsling bag work? It's based on the SITKA but is the smallest in that line of sling packs...
    Here's a review w/ all the measurement details, pictures, etc: http://milspecmonkey.com/weargear/packsbags/353-maxpedition-noatak-gearslinger

8. Rocksy

Rocksy Empty Pockets

yeah it's not a bad system, especially if your in the water.

I'm leaning towards a Civilian Labs Venrapack
    http://www.hazard4.com/products_ventrapack.html

But with standard Molle pouchs on it, i'll grab some of various sizes and swap them out as needed. it would ideal for Kayak fishing, which is my next step.
    I just wish they made a milspec one with hook n loop and pals on the inside, then i could stick some velcro on the bottom of my lure boxes.

9. hardcider75

hardcider75 Loaded Pockets

Welcome to EDCF.

I'm curious though...Where's the Vegemite???