1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Gator's Gear

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by GatorMedic, Dec 14, 2014.

1. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

My 32 oz Hydro Flask tumbler came in the mail today :)

[​IMG]

And of course Coda got some mail too--a new Realtree camo jacket

[​IMG]

Nekolf likes this.
  2. GatorMedic

Decided to take a couple pics of Lee on our recent hiking adventures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And just so Auto doesn't feel left out:

[​IMG]

3. GatorMedic

So I realized today that I'm slowly outfitting the non-knife carrying people at work with knives to the point that while standing in a group of five coworkers tonight, three of them were carrying the knife I gave them clipped to their pocket. I also bought a knife for a new coworker today--a purple Kershaw Blur. I have one rule to the people I randomly gift knives to which is they must carry it. As far as coworkers go, I've randomly gifted knives to eight different people now. Two Kershaw Blurs, two Ontario Rat 1s, two Ontario Rat 2s, one Kershaw Cryo, and one Mora Companion. They've all held up their promise to carry it every day, at least while at work. It's a nice feeling when they come up to me and explain how much they've used their knife. :)

#343 GatorMedic, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    Treya, Gary Gross and nolaradio like this.
  4. nolaradio

nolaradio Loaded Pockets

Last edited by nolaradio, Dec 31, 2018
    #344 nolaradio, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    Gary Gross, BubbaFett and GatorMedic like this.
  5. GatorMedic

You can try being that coworker at your job. Maybe it'll catch on :)

6. GatorMedic

I've made a big decision. I'm going to go ahead and sell my Benchmade Auto Presidio 5000SBK soon. It's on the dull side right now so deciding whether I should send it to Benchmade to put a good edge on it first or just do my own sharpening of it (my sharpening skills are mediocre). But it's time I sell it because it bothers me to have more than four folders. It's been very good to me the last few years though, so it's a bittersweet parting. Hope whoever buys it puts it to good use. If anyone is interested in it, keep an eye on my sale thread on this forum. Have to throw up a couple lights for sale as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So as soon as it sells I will be back down to four folders:

[​IMG]

1. Custom Benchmade Griptilian - new work EDC
    2. Southern Grind Spider Monkey - off duty EDC
    3. Spyderco Salt I - beach & kayak knife
    4. Benchmade Ritter Mini Grip with Cuscadi micarta scales - alternate

7. GatorMedic

And here's a pic with the fixed blades (Mora Companion and Esee 4) included for a total of six blades

[​IMG]

Gary Gross likes this.
  8. GatorMedic

I had a friend that helped me out a couple times lately so I decided to get her a surprise as a thank you--a custom Benchmade Mini Grip (last name blurred out for privacy). Hope she likes it :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

rkazooti likes this.
  9. GatorMedic

Lost my Ritter Mini Grip with Cuscadi OD green micarta scales yesterday at a small restaurant. When I went to sit down at the booth, the bottom covering on the table was hanging down and that snagged my pocket clip enough to take it out. I glanced at the table to see what happened but I didn't realize my knife came out of my pocket. Realized it an hour and a half later but by then I was in another city taking my parents to the airport to fly back home after visiting me. It made it worse because my dad had given that knife to me a few Christmases ago. I tried googling their phone number and calling the place. However, the phone number for them listed everywhere went to an out of service phone. I asked a friend to go by there and look for it, but the restaurant was unexplainably closed before noon when their hours are until 3pm. I stopped by there on the way to work this morning and they said no employees or patrons had turned anything in. I couldn't find it at our booth. No doubt one of the employees probably found it and kept it. Very disappointing

rkazooti likes this.
  10. rkazooti

rkazooti Loaded Pockets

I feel for ya man, keep going back to the place & check for pocket clips on the staff. If someone picked it up they probably can't help but sport it.

GatorMedic likes this.
  11. GatorMedic

I'm not a man lol, but I plan to check back there this weekend. The two employees there the day I lost it looked like high schoolers so I assume they only work on weekends (it's a donut place that is only open mornings/early afternoon). I've pretty much come to terms with it being gone forever though. Doubt the person that picked it up even realizes how special of a knife it is. Oh well. I might sell one of my other knives to try to cover the cost of another Mini Ritter before their inventory is all gone

12. rkazooti

rkazooti Loaded Pockets

Oops, sorry I should read profiles before posting. Good luck with the quest. You could ask to post a reward poster with a stock photo, $25 is a lot of cash to a high school kid and less than a replacement

13. GatorMedic

That's actually not a bad idea...

rkazooti likes this.
  14. GatorMedic

Good news: I found my knife!!! Bad news: I'm stupid lol. That day I did my normal routine, including clipping my knife into my pocket, and left the house. Well two steps outside I realized it was too cold for my Southern self to wear shorts so I went back inside to change into jeans. Apparently I never moved my knife because it was still clipped in my shorts when I picked them up this morning. Very happy I didn't lose it :)

RED-FIVE, Rainy, Gary Gross and 2 others like this.
  15. mizedog

mizedog Loaded Pockets

Gator, thanks for some awesome pictures of your TNF pack. You know I'm looking at the Recon and wondered how the main compartment was sized/fitted out. Your pictures have given me assurance that TNF is making feature rich products. Thanks again!

GatorMedic likes this.
  16. GatorMedic

You're welcome. Glad I could help out. TNF is making some well thought out packs for sure :)

17. GatorMedic

Decided to buy a Spydero Pacific Salt SE today, so I'm selling my Salt I PE. Just wanted a bigger blade (why can't they make a 3.25" blade to fit me perfectly :cry:) and figured I'd try out the SE edition. Looking forward to receiving it soon

18. GatorMedic

Carried my new Spyderco Pacific Salt for the first time today at the beach. Unfortunately I noticed the end of the blade appears slightly warped. Honestly I don't want to mess with the trouble of sending it back for a replacement. Otherwise I enjoyed having a bigger size than my old Salt I.

[​IMG]

thatotherguy likes this.
  19. GatorMedic

Just changed my Ritter Mini Grip back to the stock scales. I'll sell the Cuscadi micarta scales. I liked them, but I wanted to return it back to the basic. I honestly kind of like the stock scales on the Mini Grip. It was only on the full size Grip that I hated them

[​IMG]

20. GatorMedic

Broke down and ordered a Benchmade 940-2. I've been eyeing them since they first came out. Figure I'll try it and see what all the hype about the 940 is all about. Plan on it being my carry for dressed up occasions. We'll see. It will bring me up to five folders which makes me hesitant.