1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

GaryMc's EDC & Life

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by GaryMc, Aug 4, 2016.

1. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

TUESDAY, 11/29/2016 EDC

[​IMG]

2. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

3. CV801

CV801 Loaded Pockets

Pen looks good. I had purchased a blue flamed zipper pull from Hinderer and it came in looking nothing like it did online. Looked all blue. I had sent it back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nekolf and GaryMc like this.
  4. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

Zippo Sportsman Series Lighters: 1958 "The Hunter", 1962 "The Fisherman", 1967 "The Golfer"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

CV801 Thanks on the pen. I agree Hinderers Ano items on line look really good, then disappointing when you get them. I think the thing I liked the least was the texture or how it felt in your hand with the Ano, not good, much better without it.

Nekolf likes this.
  6. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

Hinderer Titanium Pens: Investigator & Extreme Duty

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

WEDNESDAY 11/30/2016 EDC - Full pocket dump, new Recycled Firefighter keychain & hank

[​IMG]

8. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

THURSDAY 12/01/2016 EDC

[​IMG]

9. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

SATURDAY 12/03/2016 EDC

[​IMG]

313, RiderOnTheStorm, Nekolf and 4 others like this.
  10. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

TUESDAY 12/06/16 EDC - This will be my EDC today & tomorrow in honor of Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day

[​IMG]

Guarddog, kottskrapa, Nekolf and 2 others like this.
  11. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

12. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

13. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

Custom ZT0562CF Hinderer Design with CTS 204P steel today

- Custom "Battle Torn Flag" Red, Ti, & Blue anodized stonewashed titanium slab front side by Curtis Berry at Midnight Sun Industries
    - Custom Made Titanium Standoffs, Scale Screws, Pivot Screw, and LBS by MXG Gear

The titanium front side quality by Curtis is just outstanding. Curtis did this one as a custom for me but is now going to offer it on his site. His attention to detail is truly amazing, if you haven't checked out his work you should at http://midnightsunindustries.com. The titanium front and titanium hardware make this into a completely new little tank of a knife. The slicer blade is one of my favorite designs and Zero Tolerance carried it out well in this Hinderer collaboration. CTS 204P steel won me over with my ZT0456 and it is equally good here. The only thing remaining to do on this one is strip the pocket clip from black to a natural finish and this will be completed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

15. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

My knife of the year award:

If we are talking the one knife I bought in 2016 I could no longer live without and if I could only carry one knife then it would be my ALM Knives & Tools Titanium Spartan. Why: Unlike a regular Victorinox it can be taken apart to be completely cleaned or to be customized further. When I added the pruning blade in place of the small pen blade it became my go to SAK and really my go to knife. It gets used multiple times every single day from opening packages & letters, purging my lighter to refill it, as a screwdriver, and as a bottle opener. Occasionally on weekends it opens a bottle of wine. It pretty much displaced over 60 other SAKs I rotated and is now the only one I just can't seem to get out of my pocket. While there are multiple SAK customizers out there, ALM K&T was one of the best to me, it is really ashamed they stopped doing custom SAKs. It is just my personal perfect EDC tool & knife. More of a multi-tool than a knife but if I had to choose and get down to one EDC item with a blade this is it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If we are talking just a knife or a folder my decision actually surprises me. The winner, hands down is the Hinderer XM-18 3.5" with titanium slab front. I did not initially care for Hinderers even after carrying them for a few months but I have to say over time all of mine have just gotten better and better as users to the point I consider them just the best. The titanium slab front then changed this knife from average to me to an excellent little tank of knife. The ability and available parts from both Hinderer and Steel Flame makes them fun to customize and make it your own knife. The possibilities in customizing seem endless. The flipping action just gets better and better over time to the point I find myself unconsciously flipping it open & closed over & over, drives my wife & cats crazy. I consider the Sebenza the best gentleman's folder bar none and the Grayman SATU the best tank of a knife workhorse you'd want to go to war with. The titanium front Hinderer XM-18 falls right in the sweet spot between those two as it looks great, looks somewhat gentlemanly like a Sebenza with the titanium front but yet is a complete tank of a knife like the Grayman and thus becomes the perfect balance of the best of both worlds. It can be had in virtually any blade shape your heart desires is another plus. Again, most of this year I have not been the biggest fan but these knives improve with age, then add a titanium front side, customize them to your liking, and they become pretty close to what I consider my perfect folder. Not too big, not to small, but still a tank.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nekolf, Dirty Rod, kottskrapa and 2 others like this.
  16. Dirty Rod

Dirty Rod Loaded Pockets

Good info and that SAK sounds like it's on it's way to legendary status.

Nekolf, Gary Gross and GaryMc like this.
  17. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

Thanks. It is in my mind already Dirty Rod!!!! A lot of people are really sad Andrjez quit making them. It is a real shame but there are still a couple of really good people doing customs. Wish I had bought a couple from ALM when I had the chance.

Nekolf likes this.
  18. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

I have been really derelict doing mail calls lately so here's what I got over the last week.

1) Steel Flame Guardian Defense Emerson style pocket clip to go on my blue Southern Grind Bad Monkey and a SF Guardian Defence patch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2) Steel Flame Hinderer "Koi" silver filler tab (going on my blue-black scaled XM-18, now I need the SF Koi pocket clip to match)

[​IMG]

3) the remaining Godspeed Tactical hanks I had on order including 2 that had been on backorder for a while

[​IMG]

4) Steel Flame Crusader velcro patches & molle clip

[​IMG]

19. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets

SATURDAY 12/10/2016 EDC

[​IMG]

Nekolf, kottskrapa, Dirty Rod and 2 others like this.
  20. GaryMc

GaryMc Loaded Pockets