1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Garmin map60csx vs Garmin Colorado 300

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by goingyard, Apr 9, 2009.

1. goingyard

goingyard Loaded Pockets

I am looking to get a gps unit for some back country trips this summer. I am newer to them and I have been looking between the to. I don't have the funds for a Garmin oregon. I would love to hear from some people that might have some experience with these two units. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

2. tysonb

tysonb Loaded Pockets

I had the Garmin 60CS since it was released until about 3 days ago when I got the Colorado 300.

I loved my 60CS, but in general, the Colorado 300 wins hands down. The larger screen right off the bat puts it over the top for me.

Of course there are certain considerations where one might want the 60CSx over the Colorado, but that would depend upon your intended usage. You can compare the 2 units on the garmin site to see the details here: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/compare.do?cID=145&compareProduct=11019&compareProduct=310

I will watch the thread to see if I can be of assistance with any specific questions.

Tyson

3. tysonb

tysonb Loaded Pockets

4. goingyard

goingyard Loaded Pockets

thanks for the info. I am mainly looking for a device to track where I am and that kind of stuff.

5. tysonb

tysonb Loaded Pockets

It would seem that you have no specific reason to get the 60CSx, so my recommendation for the Colorado stands as is. You will not be disappointed.

Tyson

6. goingyard

goingyard Loaded Pockets

Thanks,

That is the way I am leaning. The colorados seem to be pretty cheap right now.

7. NinjaClerk

NinjaClerk Loaded Pockets

For what it's worth I have the 60csx and love it. I have all of the Western US loaded onto it and I call it my "Pocket Map". I've got an 8GB microSD card in it and it has not let me down for traveling or geocaching.