1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Gaming in your EDC?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Thesteve_global, Jun 27, 2015.

1. earbear

earbear Loaded Pockets

Edit: i forgot that i also have a surface pro tablet that i use to play heroes of the storm or quake on it

edit2: sorry for the double post :oops:

Thesteve_global likes this.
  2. SeanByrdman

SeanByrdman Loaded Pockets

I didn't know there was a DLC for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. SeanByrdman

I suck at chess against the computer. I need to read my dads chess books. And I mainly play Pokemon. My roommate thinks I'm crazy, but I judge him for playing animal crossing so we're even lol

earbear and Thesteve_global like this.
  4. Wesmanthetiger

Wesmanthetiger Loaded Pockets

++ on the Sega Game Gear! I could get through Mortal Kombat just before it died. Only reason it couldn't unseat the Game boy was that batt life. Faster processor, better graphics, backlit screen, color... But that battery life was akin to those mini RC CHOPPERS THEY SELL at the mall. Lol.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

earbear, mrBIOS and Thesteve_global like this.
  5. Thesteve_global

Thesteve_global Loaded Pockets

It's called Left Behind and it's the story of Ellie getting bitten.

mrBIOS and SeanByrdman like this.
  6. Thesteve_global

Thesteve_global Loaded Pockets

Pokemon Animal Crossing

earbear and SeanByrdman like this.
  7. SeanByrdman

Like its a game simulating real life. I thought the point of it all was to escape reality?

8. earbear

earbear Loaded Pockets

I think thats why i don't remember much of it, the "mom, i need more battery's" line must have gotten old real fast.

[​IMG]

Thesteve_global and SeanByrdman like this.
  9. menj

menj Empty Pockets

Well, I almost always never leave home without my Lenovo Y510P.

mrBIOS and Thesteve_global like this.
  10. mrBIOS

mrBIOS Loaded Pockets

What games are you playing with it?

Thesteve_global and menj like this.
  11. menj

menj Empty Pockets

Quite a number actually, including Titanfall, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Starcraft II and even Watch_Dogs.

12. dischu

dischu Loaded Pockets

I play on my old Smartphone Samsung Galaxy S3 when I have to wait only. In waiting rooms or waiting for the kids in my car for example.
    Playing 4 Pics 1 Word or an old game I love and remember from my childhood: Z by Bitmap Brothers ... it´s so cool :cool:

13. earbear

earbear Loaded Pockets

Ow man, i remember seeing this metal guy in a magazine and wanting this game bad. I didn't even know what kind of game it is but i wanted it anyway.

[​IMG]

unfortenatly the game has eluded me since, you had to buy stuff in a real store back then. looks like i get to find a copy on the internet and see if i can get it to work now. I'm still curious how it plays :playfull:

14. brockster

brockster Empty Pockets

Back around 1998-2000 when I was an EMT-B, I had a Palm Pilot and I would play Backgammon on it. I used to have backgammon on my Motorola E (2nd gen.), but I found it as annoying as the Palm version so I deleted it. On both games, once you started to win a given game, then the computer would start rolling doubles - a lot, or on my rolls, one die would come up as 1 frequently. I have some version of solitaire on my phone now, but that is about it.

15. John McNalley

John McNalley Loaded Pockets

I've got a Pandora for EDC gaming. It's a full Linux workstation in a form factor slightly larger than a Nintendo DS. It's got a high res 5" OLED screen, full keyboard, built-in wifi, Bluetooth, two USB ports on the back and two SD card ports in the front. It's amazing for gaming - tons of great games run natively (Quake 1,2,3, Half-Life, Jedi Knight 2 and 3, etc), and there are many emulators for other hardware platforms. I've got emulators installed for PS1, PSP, Nintendo (original, super nintento, Nintendo ds, Nintendo 64), most of the Sega consoles, an Arcade machine emulator, DOS box, many more. The cool thing about it is that it's also got a ton of useful application software - MS Office suite (Libre Office), FileZilla, putty, Blender (3d modeling), WireShark (network monitoring), etc. I actually used it the other day to set up a Cisco UCS cluster. It's a few years old now, I think a new more powerful model is coming out this year.

16. mrBIOS

mrBIOS Loaded Pockets

Do you mean PYRA?

17. earbear

earbear Loaded Pockets

I remember the pandora when they were working on it. I followed the building process, it was a limited production back then. It was gonna be the next big thing after the gp2x handhelds. It's good to see it is still allive and kicking and being used.

Thesteve_global and mrBIOS like this.
  18. SeanByrdman

Not a tech guy by any means but that sounds wizard. That means I could download emulators and play all the awesome old games that don't work in my house

19. John McNalley

John McNalley Loaded Pockets

It's a great little machine. If you don't mind the small keyboard you can use it to do anything you would on a laptop, and the gaming controls are brilliant. D-Pad, analogue nubs for joystick/mouse functionality and shoulder buttons. It runs at 1 GHz (I overclocked mine to 1.2 GHz - no issues) and has 1 GB of RAM, which has been sufficient. The TV-out cable is a custom job that attaches to composite or s-video on your tv. The new version will be released this fall - multi-core processor, 2 or 4 GB of RAM, Wifi and LTE, plus an HDMI port on the back to connect to a TV or monitor. I'm hoping this will give the devs enough horsepower to start porting things like a PS2 emulator... It's all community supported and open source. If you google the Pyra handheld you'll find it.

20. Maave

Maave Loaded Pockets

Pandoras look nice. I really wish the iControlPad 2 kicked off. Same/similar layout as the Pandora but it's bluetooth for phones. Died after kickstarting due to some manufacturing issue. I cannot stand touchscreen controls but the smartphones have been increasing computing power at an amazing pace. Just needs some physical buttons put back on.