1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Galco Matrix Holsters

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by charlie fox, Apr 16, 2012.

1. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

I'm looking at these for my Glocks. Anyone have any helpful opinions?:)

2. lyodbraun

lyodbraun Loaded Pockets

Heard good thing's about those matrix holsters but maybe try a pjsholster, all kydex and. At a great price, its what i carry my 30SF in very comfortable also...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

3. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Loaded Pockets

I love my Matrix, carry my Sig in it every day.

4. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

They appear well-made; however, my criticism of this style of holster is based on how they carry the handgun rather high on the belt.

This is particularly disadvantageous for shorter-barreled, high-capacity models that tend to place the widest, heaviest part of this type of firearm at the higher elevation vice that of the remainder of the gun. This makes for a top-heavy carry that tends to wobble.

I discovered this with my Para-Ord P10, the precursor to the Hawg-Series, when I used the leather Galco version of this holster. For concealment with a non-suitcoat, waist-length jacket, I temporarily replaced my full-sized 5-inch Government model with the P10. After just 30 minutes of wear, I found the P10 flopping around.

It works better for single-stack, longer-barreled models. It seems to work equally as well for single-stack polymer models with light-weight frames that make for a less-rotund profile.