1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

G-U-M Folding Toothbrush

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by versitalex, Oct 5, 2017.

1. versitalex

versitalex Empty Pockets

Warning: Mundane content ahead.

Genetically, my teeth are the weakest thing about me, or at leas that's the hope! My dentist has said I have the teeth of someone 20 years older (and showed me the x-rays to prove it!), so I try to keep them clean. I'm not often at my desk at work, so to brush after lunch I've carried a full size toothbrush in a clear travel pouch in my backpack/messenger bag. Even if I dried it off completely, the pouch ended up getting kinda gross, and I don't like traditional travel toothbrushes much either.

What I settled on is a G-U-M Folding Travel Toothbrush. Soft bristles, compact, antibacterial (not that that's a cure-all), and cheap. A two-pack was $3.00 from Walgreens, delivered to the local store (this was much cheaper than Amazon as well). Check it:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by versitalex, Oct 5, 2017
    #1 versitalex, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    Nick4305 likes this.
  2. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

I’m a fan of the Toob brush. The handle holds a refillable tube for toothpaste and the brush piece is replaceable.
    [​IMG]

Nick4305 likes this.
  3. porkchop

porkchop Loaded Pockets

I may have to replace my full size toothbrush that I EDC with one of the GUMs.
    I keep it in a tooth brush cover and stash it with a travel size toothpaste in a quart freezer bag.

I used to have the gunky bag problem as well, so I started wrapping my toothbrush in a couple of paper towels to absorb any excess water that I couldn't shake out. It wicks the water out of the bristles after a couple of hours and then I put it back in the case.
    This is pretty easy for me because I have a desk job.

4. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

Hmm might have to look into this. I'm also brushing my teeth all the time, and my bag has my full size Sonicare and huge tube of paste, but I still need something when I'm going lightweight.

I don't have any gunk problems but I always rinse and use paper to wipe off the brush when I'm done.

5. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

I travel for work and have switched to the GUM folding toothbrush. Inexpensive, easy to carry, keeps teeth clean.