1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

G-Shock GST B100 1AER - anybody got one?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Tallboyjim, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

I like the look of it. It's got Bluetooth, which if utilised correctly, could transfer a wealth of information. The only bit in the blurb I've read is that

"Able to acquire time information from an internet time server, accuracy is assured anywhere in the world"

Ergo, the Bluetooth i.e. my phone will tell my watch what time it is. I can't think of anything more pointless but I'm sure somebody can.

Further down it says "
    • Bluetooth® Connectivity - The watch can connect to compatible smartphones to offer a range of features.
    Super vague. Has anyone got one these watches and/or associated apps to give me half an idea what these "range of features" actually. Pedometer? Heart rate? Compass? Laser guided missile?

2. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

I had a watch with bluetooth connectivity as a tester, I sent it back after three days as the icon was always visible on my phone. That aside, I just didn't get it. Also, I bought a Fitbit Blaze which was great cos it could do all the fitness stuff and tell the time and get my emails on it.

I had to charge it every two days and ended up freaking out about my heartrate.

None of these issues with my Omega.

3. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

I've got a Fitbit charge, and it's great as fitness tracker (steps, sleep, heart rate) but as a watch is pretty rubbish. For a lot of my time, I've have both hands available to see what time it is - it's supposed to flash the time up when you turn your wrist, that hardly ever happens so you have to press he button. But when I need to know the time when I know I'm going to have my hands full, I'll wear my Gshock. I'm hoping this might bridge some of the gap.