1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Fresh meat from Sweden.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Wolfhunt3r, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Wolfhunt3r

Wolfhunt3r Loaded Pockets

Hello everyone!

I'm Wolfhunt3r, male in my mid 30s from Sweden, Europe.

I've had an severe gear / equipment addiction for about 10-11 years now. As my nickname hints I now work in law enforcement as a police officer. Before that I've been in the army, IT-buisness and worked security in different shapes or kinds.

I've been browsing the forum from time to time as an accountless nublet over the years but finally decided to sign up, and now I'm here.

Gear wise I'm a sucker for bags. I guess I am sort of the male equivalent of the stereotype handbag collecting wife ;)

With my background in IT I'm also fond of technical gadgets, but just as everyone else I also appreciate a nice flashlight or a good folding knife.

Besides work I'm a semi-newbie IPSC sportshooter, cat-lover, self defence enthusiast and an avid guitarplayer (heavy- and blackmetal).

I'm looking forward to reading all your thoughts here on the forums and seeing your pictures.

Nick4305 likes this.
  2. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Welcome!!

I have always wanted to visit Sweden. Been all over Europe, but never made it to Sweden; beautiful country! I'm GLAD to hear there are competitive shooters there! How is Sweden for gun laws?

Wolfhunt3r likes this.
  3. theotherroche

theotherroche Loaded Pockets

Valkommen.

Wolfhunt3r likes this.
  4. Wolfhunt3r

Oh man, don't get me started :p

Even with working with what I do, I must say the laws regarding firearms in this country is absolutely FUBAR.
    The government constantly seeks to make it harder for people like hunters, competitive sports shooters and other legal users to get licenses on guns.

You can't carry for protection. CCW doesn't exist. If you can't show statistics from your competitions AND your training sessions (training should be at least twice / month) you can - and now most probably will - get your licenses withdrawn and your guns taken away. Which means that you can come down with some long term illness which precents you from training with your guns, thus ending up loosing them.

For hunters (long guns, non-semis) it's a bit more relaxed but the people in power constantly seeks to diminish the gun rights in this country and believes that it will magically solve the rising problem that we have with criminal gangs and constellations shooting at each other.

Legal firearms aren't a problem in the crime statistics in Sweden. The criminals use handguns and automatic weapons that has been smuggled here from warzones further down in europe (past and present, mainly the old eastern block) and due to government practically disolving the entire Swedish Customs-enforcement due to the whole "we don't need that now that we're in the EU"-argument, smuggling guns into Sweden is basically risk free.

It's an absolute embarassment.

As a competitive sports shooter or gun enthusiast I would not recommend this country to anyone. Stay away. Stay faaaaaar way.

5. Zsasz

Zsasz Loaded Pockets

There isn't really any place which can compare to the US, even though Sweden's gun laws are fairly strict (could be way worse), from a hunters standpoint they work decently (never have had, nor know anyone that has had any issues with revoked licenses, of course there's limitations of what can be registered for hunting purposes). I can't comment on the sports shooter part though, I haven't done any competitive shooting for over a decade, and I'm guessing the laws has changed since then.

Our weapon laws in general can be a bit weird though, like having to register certain air-guns (those able to be used for hunting for example, can't be higher than 450mps exit speed without a license), crossbows are illegal without a license (since they can be preloaded they're considered firearms), and if one is caught with EDC'ing a knife one automatically gets a $60 fine and the knife confiscated.

Oh, and welcome to the forums :)

Wolfhunt3r likes this.
  6. Wolfhunt3r

Thanks! :)

(and "fairly strict" is an understatement of the ages :p)

7. Flashman

Flashman Loaded Pockets

Welcome from Canada.

Wolfhunt3r likes this.
  8. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Hello and welcome from Italy !

Wolfhunt3r likes this.
  9. Retired Army

Retired Army Loaded Pockets

Welcome from Nevada.

Wolfhunt3r likes this.
  10. Diezel

Diezel Loaded Pockets

Welcome from Canada

Wolfhunt3r likes this.
  11. MangeD700
    • In Omnia Paratus

MangeD700 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Välkommen..

Här uppe i norr har det hårdnat, många ser sig oftare över axeln. Rån på öppen gata mitt på dagen händer oftare nu. I Sverige 2016 så får man fortfarande inte försvara sig eller sin familj, varken mot rånare eller inbrottstjuvar. Gillar inte den där skaparen av knivlagen, GW.
    Den är så diffus att den kan tolkas lite hur som helst beroende på vem som läser den. Jag bor på landet, bär kniv dagligen då skog är nära och rovdjur också, björn har setts allt närmare bebyggelse. Inte en chans mot björnar men lite tryggare känns det med A1:an vid sidan, ute vid grillplatsen.

Sent from my S6 Edge+

Wolfhunt3r likes this.
  12. dischu

dischu Loaded Pockets

Welcome from Germany!
    I love Sweden, was there several times decades ago with my parents. I like to repeat it with my wife and kids somedays.
    I remember Mora and the Vasaloppet, this red wooden horses from Dalarna ... and the attempt to steal an elk traffic sign. It´s an coveted souvenir. We never did but it was so much fun :)