1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

France and England

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Synaptic Misfire, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Synaptic Misfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

Synaptic Misfire Loaded Pockets

Well he returned unscathed, thanks to all who replied!

2. Brangdon

Brangdon Loaded Pockets

Do you have a citation for that case? I've tried searching, but couldn't find anything relevant.

Are you claiming that he was found guilty of an offence in court?

3. secretstash

secretstash Empty Pockets

OK, is the swisscard ok to carry in the UK? It's small but would it be considered fixed blade?

4. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

Technically, it IS a fixedblade, but I carry one in MY wallet & Ive asked a CID Detective, a Y Dept Inspector, A TAG (Tactical Aid Unit) Officer & an "ordinary" Bobby about it & they all said Id be fine carrying that.

But...they DID say, "if you were doing something you shouldnt be", say, carrying drugs, a fight in a pub or at football match etc it WOULD be a different matter.

I dont go around attracting Police attention, so I think Id be very unlikely to get into any sort of trouble for carrying such a thing.

5. secretstash

secretstash Empty Pockets

Thanks for the info. Now I'm thinking a Vic spartan or classic may be what I'd edc if/when I go to the UK.

I don't plan to ever get in a fight, or break any law while traveling overseas, but stuff could happen unplanned where you find yourself questioned by the police. In that case I don't want to have to explain why I have a fixed blade (technically) in my wallet.