1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

FR-1 mounting

Discussion in 'First Aid Station' started by rocketdog, Nov 6, 2011.

1. rocketdog

rocketdog Loaded Pockets

Can someone suggest a way to mount an FR-1 to a Colossus so that it's easily/quickly removable? I'd like to mount it to the PALS webbing on the side.

My first thought was the MaxP Velcro tear-away panel but other posts on here described them as adding a lot of bulk. I don't need the speed of Velcro, just some sort of snap or clip.

I tried mounting it with tac-ties but they're a :censored: to put on and take off. I don't have any experience with Malice clips, grimlocs, or other fasteners so if those are good alternatives maybe someone could explain how they work.

Right now, the FR-1 is inside the main pocket of the Colossus, but as my EDCforum addiction grows I keep finding more stuff to put inside, so the FR-1 needs to find a new place to live. I don't "carry" this bag - it just rides in the car with me. I'm not too concerned about it becoming too bulky by mounting the pouch on the outside, but I would like it to be as streamlined as possible.

2. Tx_Mark

Tx_Mark Loaded Pockets

With Grimlocs, carabiners, add a ripaway section..

3. mightywombat

mightywombat Loaded Pockets

You might want to look at the Blackhawk Speed Clips as an option.

4. Falco57

Falco57 Loaded Pockets

Hi!
    I feel comfortable using MP TacTies with small pouches. With FR-1 I use Blackhawk Speed Clips.
    If you need it I can shot some pictures.

Alex

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk