1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Foxx Holsters-now with pics

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by trickcarey, Sep 7, 2013.

1. trickcarey

trickcarey EDC Junkie!!!!!

I just ordered a Foxx Hybrid holster after a few good reviews of them, but sadly there isn't a dedicated thread here about them. So, calling all Foxx Holster owners, lets see your pics and hear your thoughts on them!

2. trickcarey

Got my FoxX holster in the mail yesterday and have been wearing it since it came in :)
    So far, it definitely is more comfortable than my other holster, a cheapo blackhawk IWB holster. It had zero retention, and whenever I wore it I was extremely conscious of it because I was afraid of it falling out. That and because it only had one clip it would rotate if I moved much. Because of the two clips on the FoxX it stays in place well, and I'm not afraid at all of it falling out. I think it will only get more comfortable as time goes on. The top of the leather is a little rough at the moment, but I think it will get softer as I wear it. And I think I might play around a little bit with the screws and where the clips go. I don't mind the cant right now, but maybe I would find something I like more after messing with it some.
    So does anyone else have a FoxX holster?
    [​IMG]

3. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

Not the best shot, need to take some new ones;

[​IMG]

Love my Little Foxx, snapped the belt clip last week (my fault), ordered a couple of new ones and got them within a few days, helps that I am not far away. Been using daily since May and love it, uber comfortable, no undershirt, shorts and T with a 5.11 Trainer (I think) belt.

trickcunningham likes this.
  4. trickcarey

Did you stipple your SR? Or is that tape?

5. ShadowE

ShadowE Loaded Pockets

That looks like a lot of holster to carry

mcprepareme and trickcunningham like this.
  6. StealthChaser13

StealthChaser13 Loaded Pockets

I have a foxx holster (hybrid IWB) for my SD9VE, and have another on the way for my new LCP.

The one I have is nicely comfortable for all day use, excellent construction; what can I say. Its like a supertuck, but cheaper.

7. trickcarey

I thought that as well, but it is really nice. I realize now why this style is so popular. It distributes the weight of the gun well across the belt (and I don't have a nice belt either) and the leather doesn't get overly hot. That was my biggest concern, but it really isn't bad at all. I did modify the kydex, sanding down some right beneath the trigger guard. I was cutting my finger but after the mod have no issues. Now the only issue I have is the leather getting in the way just a little bit of my thumb, but that is only because it is held so close to my body (which is a good thing for concealment).
    Overall I'm extremely happy with it so far.

8. trickcarey

Oh and, after only 5 days of carry, its beginning to mold to my body. Its also getting a little dirty from my hand and the gun, but I don't mind ;)

9. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

Talon grip (tape), great value and awesome feel.

10. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

Has anyone tried the Alien Gear holsters (http://aliengearholsters.com) that are also similar to the Supertuck but about $10 cheaper in natural leather and $5 cheaper in black leather than the Foxx holster? One advantage that I see for the Foxx is that it is available in horsehide, which is much more resistant to water - sweat - than leather and generally more durable than cowhide.

11. trickcarey

Looks like they have three holds for adjusting cant and ride height, whereas Foxx has 5. Probably not a huge deal, but thats a difference. Also looks to be more leather on Foxx, which can be good/bad. I will say it looks like the cut of their kydex is better. I had to take a dremel to mine to make it more comfortable. it was cutting into my middle finger on my draw.

12. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

Well, I've gone ahead and ordered the Alien Gear holster in the 1911 5" railed. I've spent more on less. Hopefully it will fit my EAA Witness Elite Match which appears to be very similar to the 1911 except for the double-stack magazine and grip. The Alien Gear site indicates their kydex or thermoplastic is thicker and their leather is more water resistant than horsehide and thicker/softer than that of other brands. I guess we'll have to see about that.

13. prowannabe

prowannabe Loaded Pockets

Looks identical to the crossbreed holster I've carried for a couple years. Pretty comfortable.

14. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

I carry my Foxx holster for my CM9 every weekend, very comfortable. Can't wear it in the week due to my job .. Overall I am pleased with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

15. landshark67

landshark67 Loaded Pockets

I was gonna say that it looks like a Crossbreed knock-off...

16. groovster

groovster Loaded Pockets

That Alien Gear looks and reads exactly like my Old Faithful holster. I didn't go so far as to see who was in business first, but they don't mention the competition which happens to have the same exact features. Not to knock them; they are cheaper. It's just not supposed to be good marketing to rag on your competition.

Ok, sorry for the rant. Back to the Foxx holsters. My Old Faithful holster is pretty nice. It is my first hybrid holster, though, and I've been looking at styles like the Foxx to check the greenness of the other grass. I just wonder if it really gets loose without tension adjustment and if so, how much...

Sent from my Motorola Droid Ultra using Tapatalk 4.

17. rickboone

rickboone Loaded Pockets

I'm ordering some alien holsters soon.

18. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

Those do look nice, and roughly $30 to boot.

19. trojantau

trojantau Loaded Pockets

I own a foxx, but I also discovered Aliengear holsters, very nice hybrids with adjustable retention. That is the thing I don't like about the foxx. Also Alien gear is Around $35 shipped

20. trickcarey

mcprepareme likes this.