1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Fox'mups

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by Exploriment, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Exploriment

Exploriment Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    After making the Owl'mups (containing a knife), then the Terrapin'mups (containing a compass), and then the Trout'mups (containing a fishing kit), I finally had a chance to do what was originally going to be the third one, the Fox'mups, containing a fire starter kit.

I had begun it 2 years ago, spent a bunch of hours drawing, and even ran some of the pieces, but couldn't figure out a good way to make it all work. I went back a few times, trying to get it going again, but wasn't inspired. Decided to start from scratch and that seemed to do the trick.

[​IMG]
    Ferrocerium rod, hacksaw blade striker, fresnel lens, two straws with vaseline soaked cotton balls. Still room for dryer lint, birch bark, fat wood, etc. etc.

[​IMG]
    The way things are held in place.

[​IMG]
    Inside.

[​IMG]
    The back.

[​IMG]
    10 pieces before they were sewn together by hand.

27 colours in total. 80,000 stitches on the machine. A whole lot of hours of drawing. Many more hours of hand sewing.
    All sorts of flaws. No matter how hard I tried, no matter the amount of finicky hand sewing I did, the whiskers ended up a bit wonky. Part of me is tempted to make a bunch of revisions and do it again. Too many other things I want to do.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The whole collection.

tera tike, keycutter, GRH and 2 others like this.
  2. tera tike

tera tike Loaded Pockets

That is impressive designing! You probably have a few hundred hours of work into those designs.