1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

foursevens warranty?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by jzmtl, Sep 14, 2013.

1. jzmtl

jzmtl Loaded Pockets

So my malstorm x10 died after a year of seldom desk duty. I went to look up the warranty and apparently they no longer warranty it if you bought it from another retailer and just ask you to deal with whoever you bought it from instead... :confused:

I'm definitely not happy with them, so far the lights I bought either from them or their brand has 50% kaput rate, and the two times I've dealt with them on warranty issue took 4 to 6 months to resolve and I had to keep chasing them down to get any result. Certainly feels like their attitude is "we have your money so piss off". Now they don't even deal with warranty issue anymore.

I just fired off an email to them and the retailer and will see how this goes.

2. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

They ask that:

1. You are the first owner
    2. You deal through the vendor you bought it from. Prob as they facilitate the warranty repair (a few places to deal with instead of a plethora of random customers).

I could be wrong but the warranty seems straight forward and 12 years is a nice duration. If you can't wait buy another and sell your repaired one in a few months if it takes that long. You should recoup a good portion of your funds with no wait.

There are other names in the business though. Best of luck with the next brand. Let us know if you have a better experience. Honestly I'm guessing most warranty claims are a pain for everyone except Surefire. With them the money you pay is (IMHO) justifies it.

3. jzmtl

jzmtl Loaded Pockets

They use to be decent when they were fenix store, sadly they aren't not the only business that's overwhelmed by their success, or getting complacent because of it.

4. rodloos

rodloos Loaded Pockets

That sounds like a disappointing change, to me. I may not always even remember where I bought the light from. I don't see any info at all about their warranty requiring you to go through the dealer you bought the light from on their customer service page.

My previous experience with their customer support was good. Six months or a year ago, I had bought one of their 2x123 lights with the old 4Sevens logo from GoingGear on clearance. The light was clearly pretty dim, not near as bright as it was supposed to be. It was like it was programmed to medium brightness instead of full or something, but I was unsuccessful in reprogramming it though I tried many times. I sent it in to FourSevens, and they contacted me and confirmed it was just programmed to medium or some other lower output, but they were able to program it to the way I wanted it - I guess I just wasn't quick enough on the cycling while trying to program it or something. Point is I thought their support was great, they took care of my issue, but now if I have an issue with one of their lights I'll have to find where I bought it from and go through the dealer? I've bought lights from many different sources, may not even be able to find where I bought it from, but if it says FourSevens on the light they warranty it.

5. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

Who can't search through their email for a receipt?

whoozle likes this.
  6. jzmtl

jzmtl Loaded Pockets

Update, sort of.

47 offered RMA, the do repair lights bought from other retailers but their warranty page wording is confusing enough that even the retailer admits he had to read it many times to get it.

I ended up fixing the flashlight myself though. For whatever reason they decided to glue the top of the tube with the head, however the threadlock they used isn't what we are used to, but some gooey tacky stuff that never hardens. The o-ring they used on tail cap is slightly too thick and need a lot of force to unscrew. Because of this and the unhardened goo the head and tube gradually comes unscrewed by a tiny amount, and broke electrical contact. However the goo still offer enough resistance so the head and tube appears to be fine.

I'm happy it's working again without another 4 months wait, but it could've been avoided if they used appropriate material.