1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Found a good iPad 2 carrying case

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Jedi Knife, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Jedi Knife

Jedi Knife Loaded Pockets

Hi all,
    I bought a new iPad 2 at launch, and really like it. I needed a safe, protective way to carry it and happened across the Case Logic neoprene 7-10" case, "LNEO-10" , which is shown here: http://www.caselogic.com/7_10_netbook_sleeve/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=122243&productid=1316639 It is exactly what I had in mind, and the good news is that you should be able to find plenty if them if you have an Office Depot nearby. The fit is pretty good, and should accommodate the iPad, plus any other skins/covers you might want to put on it. I DON'T have a "Smart Cover", as I don't think covering only half of this expensive kit is smart at all, however it should accommodate the iPad with Smart cover nicely.
    Just thought I would put this out there for those like myself who want to carry it and are still waiting for the good cases to come out.

2. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

With gorilla glass and some ghost armor, I've been slipping my Xoom straight into my lunada. No scratches at all.

I'll get a slip case of some sort eventually, but there's really no rush.

3. Jedi Knife

Kudos to Motorola for considering rugged materials in their design. The whole "thin/light" thing doesn't appeal nearly as much to me as "something that's not going to break easily". Even so, however, I think I would still have to have something to put the Xoom in just out of wanting to protect a piece of cool (and expensive) tech. I hope your Xoom holds up well for you!

4. jomalley

jomalley Loaded Pockets

I'm leaning towards getting a DodoCase for mine, but I'm going to wait until it arrives to decide. It'll be riding in the main compartment of a messenger bag (the laptop section will already be occupied), so I was thinking I wanted rigid protection.

Joe

5. dlcrouch

dlcrouch Loaded Pockets

thanks for the tip - I picked one up yesterday. Good value while I decide if the Zagg case with keyboard is worth $ 99.

6. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Loaded Pockets

Have the dodo case for my iPad- I love it. I've already ordered one for the ipad2. It might arrive before theipad2 is launched in Australia!

7. 8Jean

8Jean Loaded Pockets

I've been quite happy with the Street Skin. http://www.hardcandycases.com/street-skin-apple-ipad-2-case.html

It fits VERY snugly--unlike some silicon skins which get floppy when handled and pull away from the iPad's screen. It has a nice grippy feel and the snap-on screen cover allows me to put the iPad into any bag without worrying about the screen.

I was concerned that the corner studs or the cover holes might fail, but after many months of daily use, I have not had a single problem.

Black is the color of choice for this product.

8. Bagnerd

Bagnerd Loaded Pockets

My version 1 DodoCase broke and I was BUMMED.
    They sent me a new one that has thicker wood edges and revised Rubber corner holders and the cover is thicker.

There are much better functionality covers out there...better for propping up on tables etc...but the Dodo is the coolest looking for sure.

9. jwhite75

jwhite75 Loaded Pockets

Saddleback Leather (site sponsor) is making some dandy ones.

10. jrbrangi

jrbrangi Loaded Pockets

Ordered the mar ware CEO hybrid. In the meantime I found a cheap neoprene case to carry it in until the new case ships. Good to know it fits in the Lunada too!

11. senfinger

senfinger Loaded Pockets

12. mbs4298

mbs4298 Loaded Pockets

I have a Swiss Gear netbook case similar to this one for my iPad 2.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Swiss+Gear+-+Lunar+Portable+Hard+Drive+Case+-+Blue/9713745.p?id=1218156772395&skuId=9713745&cmp=RMX&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=9713745

I got it right after I got my iPad while I waited for more cases to be developed. But broke down and got the leather Smart Cover. I was skeptical about it at first but it is definitely worth it. And I just ordered the XGear Live back cover.

http://www.xgearlive.com/catalog/ipad-2

13. Mr Hahn

Mr Hahn Loaded Pockets

The Saddleback Leather version was released yesterday. I have an XL classic briefcase and an iPhone pouch, both in Chestnut, and you simply can't beat this leather.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOfvhJposYk

Nate Hahn

14. Jedi Knife

Now that I've seen the ipad 2 cover I can't stop thinking about it- it looks very cool. I was wondering, though, if there is a chance the leather could stain the white border of the ipad 2, or if it will discolor the matte aluminum back of the ipad 2? What has been your experience with the products you own?

15. Mr Hahn

Mr Hahn Loaded Pockets

I haven't had any stain issues from the iPhone case or briefcase with any of my clothing. This includes where the briefcase hangs an rubs on my leg, where the shoulder strap goes over my shoulder, and other high wear areas in any of my clothes. It also hasn't affected the aluminum trip around my iPhone 4, so I wouldn't worry about it. I'm getting the Saddleback iPad case as soon as I buy an iPad in a few days.

16. Kabong30

Kabong30 Empty Pockets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4vvQq7BpiE

You might decide to mute the music, just a warning.

17. quadrille

quadrille Loaded Pockets

I am leaning towards the otter box case

18. quadrille

quadrille Loaded Pockets

19. Otown

Otown Loaded Pockets

The marware CEO hybrid is awesome. Been using the carbon fiber (and my wife the pink) for our original iPads for some time. Mine rides nicely in my maxped jumbo.

20. Jedi Knife

If the :censored: otterbox defender doesn't come out soon then the CEO Hybrid is what I will end up with.