1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Forum Functionality Problems

Discussion in 'MEMBER RULES, GUIDELINES & ANNOUNCEMENTS' started by JonSidneyB, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy Wayne

Andy Wayne Loaded Pockets

The reset password worked for me. Unfortunately, I logged out and then back in after changing my password to make sure FireFox remembered my password correctly, and when I logged out it said "cookies erased" or something like that, and it has now marked all of the posts as having been read. I was a couple weeks behind on getting caught up on reading posts, now it's lost where all I left off. Arrrrghhh... Oh well, I guess I'll just start from this point and stay caught up.

2. soli

soli Loaded Pockets

Similar request here, I'm finding the default theme makes reading very hard on the eyes. Any chance we could get a few more theme added to give people options?

I feel the 'mirror' look and the large icons indicating the status of a thread / forum over power the text based links.

3. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Thanks for fixing the issue with the quotes.

4. 50ft-trad

50ft-trad Loaded Pockets

On the same theme as me not having a "forgot password" tool. I don' appear to have been given option to select login duration ... and got booted out (timed out).
    Is this facility here yet? If it is, that's something else I'm not getting on my screen

5. Andy Wayne

Andy Wayne Loaded Pockets

I noticed at the bottom it says HTML code is off. I think that's why the sigs aren't working correctly.

6. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

Thanks for your hard work Jon, and don't worry about my Sig it'll get fixed when the times right... Right now you've got bigger fish to fry, so I'm just happy to chillax (chillax is the mixing of chill & relax ) and be back/posting again.

7. HOMELAND SECURITY HAM

HOMELAND SECURITY HAM Loaded Pockets

No problem but is it possible to ad a spell check option (abc), in addition to the B bold I itialiac U underline section, for people like me that cant spell worth a darn.

8. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

Ugghhh I just found out the hard that thread titles are no longer user changeable...

9. crossroads

crossroads Empty Pockets

I also agree, the old colour scheme was well done and had its own little charm. Nonetheless, you've done a great job Jon!:notworthy:

Actually, on another note: I think this is more an issue regarding the forum software, and not an actual bug, as I've had this happen on other forums before, but it really grinds my gears when I press Ctrl+left for quick editing of my post, and it goes back one page, and when I return to the page, my post is gone!:brickwall: Anyone know if there's a way to get around this besides writing it all out in word or copying the post intermittently for backup?

10. rueingeni

rueingeni Loaded Pockets

I had no problem resetting my password, thanks for all of your hard work Jon!

11. soli

soli Loaded Pockets

The bold / italic / underline are available already, you just need to enable them. Go to the Settings \ General Settings section and scroll down and look for Message Editor Interface and change it to standard.

Spelling wise, most modern browsers do this. Firefox by default, IE I think needs an add-on. The benefit of doing it in browser rather than in forum is you have spell check on all websites then :)

12. soli

soli Loaded Pockets

In lieu of a feature request thread I'm just going to throw this in here. Any chance of getting a "Thanks" feature/button. It'd reduce the need for unnecessary thanks post.

13. stormtracker

stormtracker Loaded Pockets

Hey Jon,

If you can look into how I can post in the custom makers marketplace. It says A moderator must review my post before it will show up there. Thank you kind sir. I have a couple of posts waiting for moderator review I guess. : )

ST

14. tool amour

tool amour Loaded Pockets

Will the oldest-to-newest post format remain? I've gotten used to "newest post first" and indeed on many of the long-lived posts, it's much nicer to see the newest contributions first.

That said, I'm VERY glad to see the forum back up again, I was going through EDC forums withdrawals! Not pretty!

15. straightpuke

straightpuke Loaded Pockets

You can change that feature on your Settings/General Settings.

16. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

That should not be requiring market place review. I will have to check that.

17. Paracord Junky

Paracord Junky Loaded Pockets

Jon, i'm going to send you a PM, just to test it.

I too had my password reset, banned, or whatever it was, though i'm on a dozen different boards, forget one passsword or another every other month because i always use "remember me" feature. Anyway, i just thought i'd forgotten it again.

that, and the avatars apparently not working are the only things i've noticed.

18. Wstan

Wstan Loaded Pockets

Having trouble with PM's; read messages showing as unread, replies are not showing up under sent messages.

19. DB

DB Kilted Moderator

Older messages that were imported over from the old forum will show as "unread". You will need to mark them as read manually. To get replies to save to "sent messages", you need to turn that function on in your profile settings under "General Settings".

20. gracingthestage

gracingthestage Empty Pockets

Will the fact that many pictures aren't being displayed be addressed soon, or are we expected to edit our own posts to make them relevant again? I finally get around to posting pics of my EDC ( http://edcforums.com/showthread.php?71165-gracingthestage-s-EDC ), and less than a week later, this site redesign seems to have rendered my post's images "obsolete".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.