1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Forum Functionality Problems

Discussion in 'MEMBER RULES, GUIDELINES & ANNOUNCEMENTS' started by JonSidneyB, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I am certain that there are quite a few things just not right at this point.

Please post any problems you are seeing.

We are going live even though all the bugs are not worked out.

2. Dr Jekell
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dr Jekell I had fun once, It was awful.
    Staff Member

It is a small niggle but could you make the section in a post where the posters information shows up a darker colour to make it easier to read the posts as I find that I tend to start reading the PI as well as the post due to the colour similarities.

3. Paracord Junky

Paracord Junky Loaded Pockets

If you're still adding stuff, could we possibly get a "view your posts" button?

4. wabash

wabash Loaded Pockets

congrats on successfully changing software.

hope it makes things easier for you.

did hacks/modifications to the old software make changing software more difficult?

5. gadgetguy35

gadgetguy35 Loaded Pockets

That sure was fast JSB, thanks for keeping us posted on CPF!

6. Simsmac0o

Simsmac0o Loaded Pockets

• I'm not able to view the Calendar page because of insufficient permissions. Not sure if that's intentional or not...
      -----
    • The description of the main forum sections (i.e. The EDCF Welcome Mat) are blank; they just say "!Forum description." That's a really minor issue, nothing that needs immediate attention.
      -----
    • If you could set up the RSS feed feature for each topic section (Knives, Watches, EDC Bags, etc.) of the forums, that would be awesome. It would be a much easier way of staying up to date with new posts, instead of having to manually look through each section.
      -----
    • Avatars seem to be disabled, as the only option in the avatar section of the settings page is "Do not use an avatar."

So far, that's all I've noticed that out of the ordinary. I'm really glad that you decided to go back online even though everything isn't finished. I was getting twitchy without my EDC fix.

Thanks for all your hard work Jon!

7. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Will work on the things mentioned.

I am actually still working on the place. I just didn't want to keep people waiting anymore.

I opened it once I thought we reached minimal functionality.

The forum somehow auto banned many people and I don't know why it did that. Investigating that now.

8. GIBBS

GIBBS Loaded Pockets

I took a look through some older posts and most of the pictures in them show the code for them, the links still work just not showing anything

9. Kilovolt

Kilovolt Loaded Pockets

I was unable to login as anticipated: I requested a new password, got it by mail, logged in and reverted back to the old password. All very easy and quick. Cheers.

10. houdini28

houdini28 Loaded Pockets

I was banned as well. I requested a new pword, logged in with the new one, and then reset the pword and I have not had trouble logging in and out. I know it is not an ideal solution, but it will allow banned members to log in.

11. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

How strange

12. Bullzaye

Bullzaye Loaded Pockets

Jon,
    First of all...thanks very much for all of your hard work. I hope things go smoothly, and you get a well-deserved rest soon.

I only noticed one very small problem...I'm sure it can take a backseat to any other more serious issues. It appears as though the "censoring" (for lack of a better word) software is maladjusted. I see that wherever the letters A-S-S appear in words, it has been removed. For instance, there is a thread title "Free word a$$ociation" or words to that effect...it currently says "Free word ociation". I also noted it in the body of a thread where "disa$$embly and rea$$embly" became "disembly and reembly" Okay...I had to use a-$-$ in place of a-s-s, because of the same issue.

Thanks again!
    Tim

13. straightpuke

straightpuke Loaded Pockets

Is there any way that we can have a "Threads that you've posted in" link?

14. Simsmac0o

Simsmac0o Loaded Pockets

----
    Click your username in this or any thread, and click "View Forum Posts."

15. jrbrangi

jrbrangi Loaded Pockets

not sure if its actually bug but the quoting looks a bit odd its hard to tell where the actual quote ends and the new post begins

16. bigfoot

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

Supporter badges show up below some folks' user names, but for some reason my recent +4 badge (2/12/10) is missing. Wondering if this is happening to others as well?

Also, same as someone mentioned earlier, there is no ability to choose your avatar.

The small Feedback links that used to be under user names are missing.

Editing the title of a thread you created is no longer possible. This is kinda handy in the B/S/T Marketplace.

And the "Advanced Reply" mode in threads is missing any HTML markup choices (bold, italic, underline, link to pics, hyperlinks, etc.). They show in the "Quick Reply" mode, though.

Many, many thanks for your hard work Jon!!

17. phill

phill Loaded Pockets

Is there an easy way to get a list of threads you have posted in that have replies short of subscribing to threads?

It was always the first thing i did when i came to the forum was to see if anyone had replied to something i had posted in.

The "view new posts" and "view replys to your posts" (however it was phrased) were great features but only the first seems to still be around with "what's new"

18. joekaveh

joekaveh Loaded Pockets

Looking good, keep it up!

19. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

For me, clicking on the blue + Reply to Thread doesn't seem to do anything. If I click on the the Go Advanced button below the Quick Reply, it takes me to the page that would allow me to reply with preview.

20. Simsmac0o

Simsmac0o Loaded Pockets

----
    As I said above, click your username in this or any thread, and click "View Forum Posts." Hopefully that's what you are talking about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.