1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Forged in Fire on History channel

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Moshe ben David, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

So, fellow knife knuts. Besides myself who else enjoys watching this show? Any blade masters who do? Or perhaps don't and other than not into TV are there technical issues with what is portrayed that would cause you to suggest ignoring it? Just wondering how 'real' it is or isn't...

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

Roger likes this.
  2. GrayMouser

GrayMouser EDC Junkie!!!!!

Don't like how the judges call every knife a weapon. The martial arts expert that says "this knife will kill" seems a little over the top. Some people are unreasonably scared of knives anyway....

It is interesting seeing the actual steps to make a blade though.

Tallboyjim, Moshe ben David and Roger like this.
  3. Roger

Roger Loaded Pockets

I' never watched it until I met up with Ryu Lim at one of the JerzeeDevil meet ups. He won one of the episodes last season. Really cool guy who doesn't care for modern methods of knifemaking. everything is done by hand in his homemade forge. I went to his "workshop" a couple of times, really cool watching him work!

4. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Yeah, there is the one judge especially who seems to love that expression! I'm not too worried about non-knife people's reaction to what he says; I'd be willing to bet that few if any of them watch the show. Besides, to be honest most of the assigned projects for the contestants really are closer to weapons than a typical edc pocket carry, although the fixed blades by and large look like they'd be useful out in the woods etc.

On a different note. Like your avatar. I'm guessing you either have or know a cat that keeps trying to kill a laser dot... I've had similar experiences with the felines!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

5. GrayMouser

GrayMouser EDC Junkie!!!!!

Yeah, the project for the final two is obviously a weapon from history. I get that. It's the knives that they make at the beginning that are constantly referred to as weapons that bothers me a little bit. Maybe it's just me...

I have two cats that would dearly love to slay the red dot.:)