1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

For you which bag/pack/sling holds the most stuff with the smallest profile?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Jay-uk, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Jay-uk

Jay-uk Loaded Pockets

Any input please? Thanks

2. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

What type of stuff will you carry? And the dimensions?

Shape and dimensions of the items plays a significant part in the decision for the bag.

3. Medic1

Medic1 Loaded Pockets

To me the smallest profile means not carrying much like only a notebook and laptop. Otherwise the profile reaches med daypack size

4. steeps

steeps Loaded Pockets

Tom Bihn Co~Pilot or Pilot.

5. 62Tele

62Tele Loaded Pockets

I've been surprised how much stuff I can get into a Goruck Bullet 10.

Ross Winston and ArkansasFan30 like this.
  6. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

I just got a 5.11 Mike messenger bag that is pretty slim profile.

Jay-uk likes this.
  7. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

Agreed. All of the Gorucks are designed to not expand outwards too much, but the bullet holds plenty and is narrow and thin.

8. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

I am amazed at how much stuff I can fit into my copilot: including two 345ml cans or one 20oz insulated Klean Kanteen in the centre pocket. An ipad, three tom bihn purses, five fountain pens, edc kit in a maxped mini pouch, filofax slimline. Some A4 papers, wifi hotspot, a couple of small textbooks...
    MS Surface will just fit...

tbzbbt

steeps likes this.
  9. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

I've found my pacsafe metrosafe ls250 has very little wasted space for what I need to carry but doesn't bulge out and a bit of give for surprises. I've been out and about with it a lot this week and I've been really pleased with it.

But I selected it carefully, looked at the stock pictures and compared what was in those and what I was likely to carry. You might not have the time and more of a social life than I to scroll through such things but I found it oddly satisfying that it fitted where I thought it would without leaving dead space.

But it boils down to what you want to lug about.

10. Sofastreamer

Sofastreamer Loaded Pockets

recycled firefighter 12l battalion, all day, every day.

demPho likes this.
  11. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

I second the 12hr!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

steeps likes this.
  12. steeps

steeps Loaded Pockets

What holster is that?

13. WillAdams

WillAdams Loaded Pockets

I was surprised by how full and heavy a Maxpedition Proteus Versipack clone got (and rather sad when it got so full that my lunch wouldn't fit) --- and disappointed by how little would fit in a Chrome Industries Kadet Sling Bag (welterweight version) --- still working out all this organization-wise, and if I don't get this resolved somehow, I'm probably going to cut up the Versipack clone and re-make it with a larger central compartment.

14. Pardner

Pardner Loaded Pockets

The most stuff on the smallest profile would have to be a modular system that allows the addition of external pouches or allows itself to be attached to bigger packs, plus have compression straps. The most extreme example of this is my Kifaru Scout. It's a svelte ~2+ pounder fanny pack by itself but then can grow with pouches on the sides, top, bottom and front, a grab-it on the front, or pods on top or at the bottom. Need way more space, just piggy-back it to any larger ruck that has webbing connection points.

My actual suggestion would be a Kifaru xray. Compresses down to a small package with its straps but has the suspension and attachment points to go big with external pouches. Use the external pouches as internal organization then attach it to the outside when the extra space is needed.

I do own GoRucks and other bags that do not have compression straps that can fit a lot but you have the size that it comes in. No real way to compress it down like the Xray.

Last edited by Pardner, Feb 21, 2018
    #14 Pardner, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  15. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

It's a cheapy off eBay. I ordered it in a hurry because I needed it for a trip and they had 2 day shipping. Having a black point tactical rig made for the Zev. This is my molle attached, edc bag holster.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

16. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

Another vote for the GoRuck Bullet 10L. When I bought mine, I was on the fence about it because I doubted I could fit everything I wanted into it. Now that I've owned it a few months, I can't believe how much crap I can stuff into it.

Jay-uk likes this.
  17. freeriderth

freeriderth Empty Pockets

For me its the TAD litespeed. It holds all my stuff for edc and work. Under the transportertale i have a 5.11 drop pouch to add some space to it. sometimes i carry my 5.11 ifak on the outside to add more space inside.
    I also carry for long times the tasmanian tiger essentials pack (mk I) and the essentials pack in size L (mk II), but both realy hold the essentials.

18. furbis

furbis Loaded Pockets

I just took my goruck bullet 10l to vegas and was able to fit an XL sweatshirt plus 2 small organizers and assorted other items in it, I was impressed. I also took it to Roatan last year and used it as a day/beach bag and it excelled at that. with that being said I really want a bullet 15L and might just have to look at the recycled firefighter 12L instead.

19. coktailmunky

coktailmunky Empty Pockets

Vertx EDC Commuter Sling all day long. Best and last bag I'll ever buy. Awesome concealed carry section, ARMOR PLATE compartments (if you should feel the need), and big enough for my 15" Apple Macbook Laptop. Hand down amazing bag. I'll show a pic I have of my actual one (2nd pic down) and also some of theirs from their site and a review video.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jay-uk likes this.
  20. cyberhh

cyberhh Loaded Pockets

The Vertx sling was returned because it has a ton of organization and is well made, but holds far less than the size would make you think. The Vertx messenger holds a metric ton though.

I am surprised how much my Peak Design everyday carry 13” messenger holds. For a small and comfortable messenger, the PD is impressive. It would be my perfect EDC bag, except I carry two laptops and there is no way that I can get them in the bag.

The Dragon Egg (forgot the maker name) is a great bag, and I was able to get two 13” laptops into it. If you don’t carry a ton, it is a great size and quality. Good organization. The photos make it look larger, but it is really small.