1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

For iPhoners & iPodders

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by tower, Dec 24, 2009.

1. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

If you want to increase your battery capacity without adding much bulk to your iX device, check these out. I got the Juice Pack Air, but they have a few models. Mine is no bigger than the Otterbox case I was using. I've been told you can get several full Iphone recharges off a fully charged Mophie. I can't attest to that having only had mine for a day. The red ones (mine) are "rubberized", the others are shiny plastic. There are higher cap devices out there, but not as cool, YMMV.

http://www.mophie.com/

http://www.gadgetreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/mophie-juice-pack-air.jpg[/img][​IMG]

2. V a a m Y o b

V a a m Y o b Loaded Pockets

I've heard of the iPhone continually sipping from the battery even though its own is fully charged?

3. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

You could be right. I have left the ext battery off until the iPhone was down to ~20% then turned it on to juice the phone back up for a 2nd day. Still learning best way to use it. I know the ext battery didn't lose power until I turned it on.

4. TomInOregon

TomInOregon Loaded Pockets

I suspect the reason the iPhone's internal battery is fully charged is because it is continually sipping from the battery. By the same token, it always shows charging when plugged into the wall wart. The phone is constantly using some electricity, even if it is a very small amount.

Tom

5. excistandreflect

excistandreflect Empty Pockets

Interesting, it's not very expensive I may try one.

6. thelinuxcat

thelinuxcat Loaded Pockets

I bought one during the Black Friday sale at the Apple Store. It has been on my phone ever since. I do not always need the extra power but when I do this is invaluable. I use it often at the dr. office or during a boring meeting...

7. Rcas

Rcas Loaded Pockets

I have a white one, they seem to work best when you leave the case turned off till your phone is almost drained. Though I can't get a complete charge off the case but its close... could be because I'm using it while its charging so it has the juice to charge it all the way and I'm draining it.

8. fresnomacman

fresnomacman Loaded Pockets

I love mine. I turn off my 3G if I am not needing it. I keep my Juicepack in my EDC bag and switch it out with my EDC case (iNcase Slider) I will turn the mophie on when I'm at about 20% and use it till I get to about ~30 is I know I can make it home within the next 2HR, if not I just leave it charging. I love it.

9. Bucky

Bucky Loaded Pockets