1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

FOOD! Glorious Food!

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by blueturtle, Feb 20, 2010.

1. blueturtle

blueturtle Empty Pockets

What food (if any) do you edc? :afro: :matrix: :matrix:

2. Krustofski

Krustofski Loaded Pockets

Box lunch. Three sandwiches, sometimes a tomato, yoghurt or some fruit. All hail the mighty tupperware luchbox.
    Oh, and water.

I'm still stuck on the "poor student" mindset. Plus, our cafeteria sucks.

3. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

Right now in my EDC bag there's 2 granola bars, a bag of cajun trail mix, and three...no, make that two Slim Jim's. :popcorn:

4. Towanda

Towanda Loaded Pockets

Two or three Clif bars and some mints or hard candies (boiled sweets).

5. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

I should start to EDC food. On an almost routine basis, my relief never shows up to work. And I don't mean on time. I mean never shows up. Nothing like waiting in the parking lot 20 minutes after I should have gone home, only to finally get a call from my supervisor that I'm stuck working another 8 hours. :rant:

6. kmdesigns

kmdesigns Empty Pockets

I like jerky and trail mix. I also keep an MRE entree in my bag occasionally. Oh yeah and I love the MRE crackers and cheese thats almost always in there.

7. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

I have a powerbar or two in my Laptop bag, and another one in the camera bag that i drag around at work along with a bottle of water or two.

the powerbar is just to keep me going if i get stuck out at a job. and tastes bad enough i dont eat them when i dont need to.

8. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • Sponsor - Home Craftsman
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

Clif bars and Kashi GoLean Crunchy bars. I have one or two in my laptop bag and a dozen or so in my car. I also keep good beef jerky (made by my local butcher) in the car. If I have to work through lunch or dinner, I'm good to go. They're rotated regularly as I snack and replenish. I could easily eat for two or three days before eating the ER Bar in my BOB.

9. wacbzz

wacbzz Loaded Pockets

EDC food? Heck no. I EDC money for the roach coach...!!

10. dewildeman

dewildeman Loaded Pockets

EDC, usually a granonla bar and some mints. In my vehicle I carry a bag for trips, I carry some jerky, hard candy, powered soap mix, drink mix and cocoa mix. I'll rotate every couple of months.

11. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

I EDC three or four Clif bars in my backpack.

12. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

I usually have a few Clif bars and if I'm lucky a few Jolly Ranchers and some gum in my bag. If I'm going on an overnight trip I'll usually sneak in a few packets of instant oatmeal and my single wall stainless mug.

13. jegrundh

jegrundh Loaded Pockets

Nature valley bars, Cliff Bars, gum, maybe a packet of drink mix. If i am going on a hike or am going to be more active, jerky or slimjims usually are in the bag, along with some peanut butter packets or containers and chips in a crush free container.

14. Wooden Foot

Wooden Foot Empty Pockets

I keep a couple of nature valley oat's n honey bars and some hard candy possibly some handisnacks and usually my nalgene and a few drink flavor packs.

15. 1holegrouper

1holegrouper Loaded Pockets

I usually have a couple of Cliff bars in my EDC. But I ate them over the weekend. Need to restock!

16. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Empty Pockets

I usually try to bring a mix of almonds, cashews and dried berries. Recently I've tried packing jerkey, but I ended up eating most of the package. lol. Since those aren't cheap, I think i'm going to stick to my trail mix.

17. samurai500

samurai500 Empty Pockets

6 small snickers, bag of peanuts, jack links beef sticks, 3 to 6 chewy bars, gum, camel bak bottle and a spork pretty soon i be adding oat meal, freese dried food. once i get my ebit stove and the new tea kettel. i am a bag carry person so it works out great.

18. burntrat

burntrat Loaded Pockets

MRE, some protein bars, beef jerky
    I needs me protein.

19. ObiHann

ObiHann Loaded Pockets

nothing much more than lunch and a snack for the day, usually a sandwich or wrap, and a granola (cliff) bar

20. Rescue_Ops

Rescue_Ops Loaded Pockets

EDC in my car and bug-out bag is usually some Mountain House freeze-dried food along with a backpacking stove and pot and water. In my desk at work, I have several of the Dinty Moore meals that need no refrigeration. They're not the best in the world, but when you're hungry, a hot meal is really nice. I also keep some trail mix and jerky in an outside pocket of my bag for a quick snack.