1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Folding Pages In Your EDC Book.

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by rat-7, Mar 28, 2017.

1. rat-7

rat-7 Loaded Pockets

I've tried explaining this method many times and finally decided to just post some pics so people can see what I mean. This is how we used to fold our pages in our military field message pads so that we could keep used pages for reference but out of the way to get to the next fresh page.
    Once a page was used you would fold the bottom of the page along the side like this....
    [​IMG]
    Then as you filled more pages you would alternate sides......[​IMG]
    This allowed you to keep you book neat and tidy while having instant access to your first blank sheet...[​IMG]

This method works in all books, on field notes I fold on the side alternating top and bottom corners, and I still use it today. I will sometimes mark a reference date or note on the folded corner for easy searching. I hope you find this helpful.

SV-97, mbick, bub and 6 others like this.
  2. kottskrapa

kottskrapa Loaded Pockets

One of the simplest but also most efficient ways I have ever seen! Thanks

It's not failure if you learn something from it

3. Stonerman33
    • The Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

I've done this in the past. Works great for thinner notebooks, but if you have a lot of pages, it'll end up at double thickness on the "opening" side of the notebook. I just put a paper clip on the last page I wrote on. When I need a fresh sheet, grab the clip and open to a clean page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

There's always Post-It note 'tabs'. They do come in a pack or on a card of several colors. Some are even translucent so you can have the tab extending down over the text and still have the text legible. Doing it this way the tab does not need to stick out of the body of the book/notebook much at all.

Small paperclips as @Stonerman33 points out also work great!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

PragmaticMurphyist likes this.
  5. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Yeah this will make a book too thick, especially annoying on hard-cover books. I once had a notepad that had small perforated corners you could rip once the page was done. Similar to this method it would allow you to instantly open the book at the first blank page but it would not make the book any thicker. Cant remember for the life of me what brand notepad that was, it was pretty nice and had decent quality paper.

6. rat-7

rat-7 Loaded Pockets

I believe it was Rhodia that had the perforated corners you could tear out. Good paper to but crappy covers.

7. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

This is the same method I used in the Navy for our "wheel books". Same thing as a field book. As a lowly Chief Select slug in the Navy, we lived and breathed through our wheel books until we finally got pinned as a Chief.

8. rat-7

rat-7 Loaded Pockets

Infantry was no different. Thanks for your service Brother.

9. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

I work at Fort Campbell in the DA Photo lab and I have a lot of respect for the Infantry after talking with them and seeing them in action out on the ranges. I really like the way they hold each other accountable for their actions.

Thank you for your service as well!

10. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

I had an agenda with that feature made by a company called Gallery Leather once. It was pretty nice not having to flip through a bunch of pages to get where I needed to be.

11. Menteerio

Menteerio Loaded Pockets

Can confirm. In navy and fold corners to mark complete pages. Don't rip them out because we use them for reference all the time everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Oh yeah, almost any decent planner or calendar has this feature, having it on a notepad/book is quite a bit more rare tho.

thatotherguy likes this.
  13. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

Book darts is my preferred method.

14. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Even despite all the modern technology available, I'm still old school when it comes to planners, notebooks and such. For my daily planner I use a Day Timer (2 page per day), and it has the removable perforated corners at the bottom of each page. I love this feature because you can open up to the exact page in a book of 100+ pages.

MCPOWoller and Moshe ben David like this.
  15. thegrouch314

thegrouch314 Loaded Pockets

Very nice

My EDC notebook is too thick for that so I use sticky flags, a blue one for the day i'm on and a purple one for the week to view

MCPOWoller likes this.