1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

FN cover that keybar/light/cards?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by steviesterno, Sep 8, 2017.

1. steviesterno

steviesterno Loaded Pockets

Hey all,

recently switched positions at work and I'm finding I'm going meeting to meeting without a chance to stop back in my office. I ordered some Field Note books so I can jot notes to myself, since I don't like doing that on a phone or iPad.

I'm really used to carrying my pen on the front right pocket (along with my keys on a key bar) and my knife on the rear right pocket. I carry my phone with a little storage otter case front left pocket. But I've found I don't have a good way to carry my light (fenix E 12) but I'm willing to get a different light if I need to.

So what I'm looking for is a note cover that has a slot for my key bar, a slot for that kind of light, slot for notebook and hopefully room or a slot for like 2 ID cards and a folded dollar bill.

I don't need it to hold a space pen, I don't want to have to unfold it. I'm thinking I prefer leather, and I'm thinking not crazy expensive.

I'm also looking for a glass breaker to add to my key bar, but not sure if that should be a thread in of it's own.

Thanks! pics and help appreciated.

2. Jim Hughes

Jim Hughes Loaded Pockets

Take a look at Urban EDC web site. They have several Leather items which may accommodate you. Another source is Hitch and Timber. he's got a lot of very useful EDC Leather items to solve similar problems. He may be able to do a special order. Lots of artisans on etsy who can do special orders. Usual disclaimers apply...no affiliation or connection with any of my suggestions other than a very satisfied client.

My latest Special order perfect item was from Andrews Designs, here on EDC. jon@andrews-design.com Check out craftsperson section in this forum for photos of what he has made for me. They are incredible.

https://hitchandtimber.com/

https://urbanedcsupply.com/collections/all Look at the Urban Organizer Leather Items. You can search product alphabetically A-Z or Z-A. It of course is the U area you need to look at. Lots of offerings to troll through B4 hitting gold. No Search function I could find.

Jean and YankeeHotelFoxtrot like this.
  3. steviesterno

I saw the hitch and timber stuff in some random googling, but $90 seems like a lot to me. Yeah I get that it's hand made, but still seems steep. The Urban Supply is pretty much what I"m thinking, but it goes to $100 to start. ouch. I guess I'll have to try carrying this stuff for a bit and see how it goes.

Almost makes me want to try leather work myself. I've done some kydex, but not sure I could do something well with that many layers.

4. Jim Hughes

A lot of the needed items I, or any one else sees for that matter, can be pretty close to perfect but way outside our usable budget. Sorry I have found no other resources for items, I want too, that are lower priced. One interesting thing to a non business person, moi, Urban EDC sells leather items on their site for the same price the craftsperson is asking. Guess EDC gets a volume discount to cover their profits on these items. I've seen several items on this board I ended up buying that were made by a poster who needed XYZ but couldn't afford the current high cost so s/he made one on his or her own. You might seriously look into investing some time in making your own. I always thought kydex was outside my skill limit, although I've put my toe in the leather crafter pond frequently. I'd say with a kydex skill you might surprise yourself and end up with just what you want. Good luck with your search. If you find something usable and reasonable for budget need, please post the link. All of us would like to spread our Fun Money budget as far as we can.

YankeeHotelFoxtrot likes this.
  5. Minos

Minos Loaded Pockets

I have one of the Hitch and Timber pocket runts, the type with two slots and an elastic pen loop which I have a SAK cadet and a AAA light in along with a Fisher Space Pen bullet. I don't use it bc it takes up a lot of pocket real estate and doesn't have enough space for my cash or cards. Though the leather is really nice and it works well. It also isn't very comfortable to put it in my back pocket bc sitting on a flashlight isn't very fun. I really like the County Fold wallet, and might ask for it for Christmas. I'm just worried it's going to be super fat. I haven't been able to find a profile view of it loaded up yet.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

steviesterno likes this.
  6. TV09

TV09 Loaded Pockets

Hitch and timber make good stuff. Maybe a rickshaw bags pocket dojo?

7. Jim Hughes

Thanks, I'd totally forgotten about Rickshaw Dojo. I have 3 and use a lot, but was fixated on my latest purchase Hitch and Timber. Dojo more Wallet Friendly on a tight budget.

8. alejestem

alejestem Empty Pockets

Just picked it from the local craftsman. It is custom made - showed her those from Urban Edc and she made this. There is a credit card size pocket on the other side. I am not sure if they send abroad but can ask. Costed around $25.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Jean and steviesterno like this.
  9. steviesterno

I have been looking for something for a while but, when I mocked up the size of the notebook version I'm thinking it's not going to work in my pocket. I did get a fenix AAA light that's a lot smaller, so that makes this easier.

now I want the same stuff (hold a light/keybar/cards/cash) but no journal. Maybe the pen loop on the side.

any suggestions?