1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Flyye fastpack

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Stiletti, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Stiletti

Stiletti Empty Pockets

Hello to all, so i was going to buy the Flyye's fast pack edc but i started to think how much stuff it can actually carry, like can it carry 2x1,5L bottles on main pocket? Ofcourse if i would like to have bigger backpack i would maybe buy the 5.11 Rush 72 but i like the fast pack more and thats why i think 72 litres is quite alot for school trips only. I dont usually carry much stuff on pack, mostly my homekeys,cellphone and a wallet, sometimes some schoolpapers but nothing big. I checked that the Flyye's fastpack is little bit smaller on height than the TAD version but there wasnt much difference, like 5cm difference.

2. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

I use a TAD V2 Fastpack EDC for overniters and road trips. If the Flyye is close in dims., it should be more than enough for what you are carrying. Check around for a used TAD. I got mine for $150 used and that's probably less than the Flyye if you include shipping.

3. Mr_Moe

Mr_Moe Loaded Pockets

I wouldn't buy a single product of Flyyes. All they do is copy products of other gear manufacturers. That's all the do. Not that I feel any strong brand loyalty- but supporting a company that makes its money solely on design theft? No thanks.

4. Flexxx

Flexxx BST/Marketplace ban

x2.

5. brix

brix Loaded Pockets

+ 2 Yes, they look like another "fly-by night" operation. I know that quality packs my cost a little more, but spending a little cash in the long run will pay dividends at the end.

6. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

While the price certainly seems cheap, after you figure the shipping, the costs will be about the same (most places that carry this gear are overseas). What if there's a warranty issue? Shipping it back is a PIA!

I was able to find a nicely used McCoy in great condition for less than retail. Shop around and maybe you can score a good deal too.

PS from the pics I've seen, looks like they copied the old style FAST Pack design (those straps that hold up that tail are diagonal vs. being parallel with the bag) LOL.

7. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

If you look closely, they even use the same or similar sounding name on their products.

8. Matthew Hess

Matthew Hess Loaded Pockets

Not me... I'll buy a knockoff of a product if the "real" product is ridiculously overpriced. In my opinion the TAD Fastpack EDC (and just about everything else that TAD makes) fits this to the letter - OVERpriced. I don't know that, in terms of quality, their products are any better than 5.11 or Camelback.. Yes, they have some pretty cool and innovative features.
    I would LOVE to have a the Fastpack EDC, but there's no way I could ever justify paying that kind of money for a bag that I put everyday items in. I place the target demographic in the same category as people that buy safe queen guns. I actually figure the majority of their buyers are members of the green forum (are we allowed to call it by name on here?).

Also, from what I've read around here, TAD is intentionally slow on production, to the point where it seems to create a false sense of demand and in turn justifies the stupid prices. Expand production, put out more products, and lower the prices and make the same amount of money if not more through volume. Do that and I'll buy from TAD. Instead they choose to be the tactical Louis Vuitton or something.

So yeah... if Flyye comes out with another pack that copies the TAD Fastpack EDC Gen II I'll be al over it at half the price of the "real deal".

GoBliNuke likes this.
  9. Ken Watson

Ken Watson Loaded Pockets

The edc is something like $340. The goruck gr1 is 295 and the gr2 is 395. Kifaru antero and zippy are around $300 (both are smaller and simpler than the edc). So, you can call it overpriced if you like, but in reality what you're saying is that most us made packs are overpriced and that justifies the existence of copies. You're welcome to your opinion. Personally I will support the companies that are dedicated to improving the industry as a whole. Just a different perspective.

CBisch likes this.
  10. baccar-3

baccar-3 Loaded Pockets

I use cheap stuff for experimentation; if it works; I may go higher; sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised.

11. Roguetrooper

Roguetrooper Loaded Pockets

I own 3x Flyye FAST packs and can say, as someone who owns an original TAD FAST pack, that they are every bit as good as the original.

baccar-3 likes this.