1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Florida gun laws?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by epicelite, Oct 9, 2010.

1. epicelite

epicelite Loaded Pockets

Moving there and wondering, because I would like to get a gun some day.

Also whats the best .22 pocket pistol? Beretta 22a Bobcat looks nice. :p

2. jda

jda Loaded Pockets

3. epicelite

epicelite Loaded Pockets

Well I want a .22 because of the cheap easy to find ammo. That thing appears to take specialized ammo.

4. HOMELAND SECURITY HAM

HOMELAND SECURITY HAM Loaded Pockets

Send me a PM with your mailing address and I will send you a State Of Florida Concealed Weapond Permit Package.

It includes a complete copy of the State Firearms laws, photo requirements, fingerprint card, fee schedule and instructions.

I am a Police Officer and NRA certified firearms instructor. I won't comment on the pocket 22, as any pocket 22 would not be acceptable except as an emergency back up gun.

If you want to shoot the bull (lol) let me know in the PM if you want my phone number and I will talk to you about the 22 in great depth.

Cliff

5. epicelite

epicelite Loaded Pockets

Ok, I sent you a PM! :3

Why don't you like pocket pistols? It is supposed to be a backup, I am not a police officer who would actually need their gun every day. I rarely leave my house anyway.

6. jda

jda Loaded Pockets

I commented on the pug as it is the one that I own but they also make several models in .22lr.
    .22lr is less than ideal, but it is better than not having a gun b/c it was "to bulky and uncomfortable for a quick trip to the store " .

7. epicelite

epicelite Loaded Pockets

Also if someone is so far away that accuracy is going to be a problem, I can just haul *** out of there.

8. jwhite75

jwhite75 Loaded Pockets

Welll the natives call it the "Gunshne state" for a reason...

9. rabidchicken

rabidchicken Loaded Pockets

Florida is very gun friendly. I believe the statute containing gun law is 719. As for the .22, I would choose a more reliable round over a cheap and ineffective round. There are a bunch of pocket pistols out there in .380 and 9mm that I would trust more than .22. Don't get me wrong, I love .22, but its place is at the range or small game hunting. I have an AR15, 10/22, buckmark, P22, and GSG5 all in .22lr. while all are fun to shoot, I wouldn't trust mine or my family's life on any of them.

10. StSumwhere

StSumwhere Loaded Pockets

Last edited by StSumwhere, Oct 21, 2013
  11. hannism

hannism Loaded Pockets

Florida is extremely gun friendly. With my ccw license, I can carry an automatic knife and collapsible batons besides a pistol. But, read the laws, and I think you will be very pleased.

If I had to chose a 22 pistol, I would choose the Beretta Bobcat. However, for about the same price or a little cheaper, you could get a Ruger LCP, which shoots 380. 22s are fun to shoot and practice with, but I think they are a little underpowered for self-defense, just my opinion.

Anyways, welcome to Florida.

12. Tango 191

Tango 191 Loaded Pockets

i love FL for that exact reason :)

13. robbyguns

robbyguns Empty Pockets

I would not consider a 22 for self defense. We do have a larger 22 ruger pistol to help kids learn about shooting and safety since its easy for them to handle, and also a 22 rifle that we plink with and could be used for small game in survival situations. Its a great round for plinking due to low cost, but if Im am considering defending myself or others I would look for a round with stopping power. There are some great reliable 38 revolvers out there made with light frames and cutdown hammers that are easy to conceal. 38 is a good round, fairly cheap, and a revolver is very trustworty. Mine is now with my wife since I trust it so much, she can handle it well, and can both fit it and get it out of a small purse quickly.
    There are many small frame guns out there now you can put anywhere. But I would consider the purpose of the firearm, and if its to put an attacker down, 22 would not be my first choice.

14. ?uesto

?uesto Loaded Pockets

Florida gun laws? Heh..

15. Nexttime

Nexttime Loaded Pockets

Yes, Florida is very much gun friendly. I have the FL non-resident permit. NY, were I live, won't offer a non-resident, but FL will.