1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Flashlight wands

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Loadout, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Loadout

Loadout Loaded Pockets

Anyone use wands with their flashlights? I was initially looking for a red/amber one, but could only get my hands on a white Xeno wand. I must say I'm pleasantly surprised by the output and effect!

Last edited by Loadout, Mar 7, 2017
    #1 Loadout, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  2. PragmaticMurphyist

PragmaticMurphyist Loaded Pockets

I use a Zebralight SC600w III Hi and I'm not aware of any wands made to fit it. Fortunately a translucent white Fuji 35mm slide film tub fits perfectly and serves as an excellent wand / diffuser / lantern. (If I could find one in red it'd be even better!)

3. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

If you get some light film in red you can just cut a circle out of it and put it on your lights lens before you slip the white cone on, gives a red-ish light (might need two filters if its a real bright light). Bit of a hassle but works good enough!

PragmaticMurphyist likes this.
  4. PragmaticMurphyist

PragmaticMurphyist Loaded Pockets

Fair point. I might give that a try!

5. Adam Ng

Adam Ng Loaded Pockets

Make a small cone out of construction paper. Tape it to your light. It come in any color of the rainbow. Disposable and cost next to nothing. More durable one can be made from color drink bottle.

6. ZMZ67

ZMZ67 Loaded Pockets

There are red,yellow and white signal cones for INOVA flashlights that may fit some other LED lights unfortunately I do not one to try out.

7. Djs105

Djs105 Loaded Pockets

When I used to do more traffic control, I had a plastic cone for my Streamlight Stinger. I would put the light on strobe mode. I'm dead serious when I say it saved my life on more than one occasion. With all the flashing emergency lights, commotion and distractions it's sometimes very hard for people to see a person giving traffic commands. The cone/strobe combo was great.

8. steeps

steeps Loaded Pockets

9. Weko

Weko Loaded Pockets

They will work on the older Surefire lights (up to 200 lumens) have not tried it on the newer(500 lumen) lights yet