1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Flashlight Storage ??? Battery Storage ???

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Gadget Guy, Sep 9, 2006.

1. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

I store my flashlights in Sackups knife rolls. They are designed for pocket knives but flashlights fit in them perfectly.

2. Lunal_Tic

Lunal_Tic Empty Pockets

I use knife rolls or bags when I travel with a bunch of lights but I picked up one of these for storage of lights and knives at home.  [​IMG]

[​IMG]

-LT

3. roknrandy

roknrandy Empty Pockets

4. Screehopper

Screehopper Loaded Pockets

Wow. The rollaway I own stores the typical screwdrivers, ratchets, wrenches, other tools. I don't have a dedicated one just for knives and lights.

5. Lunal_Tic

Lunal_Tic Empty Pockets

Sadly over here I have many more lights and knives than I have tools. The fun part however is that it's in my place not outside since I have no garage. I get some interesting looks from my friends.

-LT

6. bruner

bruner Loaded Pockets

At one point I worried about keeping the batteries inside of the lights and came up with a slightly complex solution (see reply #5 of this thread), which I eventually decided not to use and ended up putting all the batteries back in the flashlights.

I figured that I would check them often enough, that if a battery leaked, I would catch it in time and be able to clean it up and save the light. Well, I recently began checking them and lost a light because the batteries had leaked and ruined the flashlight beyond repair. Thankfully, it was one of the less expensive models and therefore not a big loss.

So, I've reverted back to my old idea of keeping the batteries outside of the flashlights in a tackle box. This time though, I did not go as far as to label which batteries go in which flashlights. I did however make it a point to keep groups of batteries (per flashlight) together. For instance, I have several lights that use two AA batteries. If I have say three flashlights that use two AA batteries, I now store the three sets of AA batteries in three separate storage units. This way, when I decide to use them again, they will deplete evenly.

I really thought that I would never loose a flashlight to battery leakage, but I was very wrong...

Dan

7. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

YES!! I have one or two somewhere, used to sell Parker Blades years ago. got to find them. thanks

8. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

No problem. I have some of my flashlights stored in them at home and they work great.

Heath

9. MKram

MKram Loaded Pockets

Wow. I thought I had a bunch - but you, sir, are well equiped. If you have any you'd be willing to part with, I have a good home for them....

10. BobM

BobM Empty Pockets

I store mine in the gun safe and each morning I open the safe to choose knife, watch, pen, flashlight and firearm if applicable for that day's EDC.

As for the batteries I use to leave them all in except Alkalines. Now I have converted all AA lights to rechargeable eneloops. I'll never go back to Alkys. 123's were never a worry for me.

11. Russ Prechtl

Russ Prechtl EDC Junkie!!!!!

I use/collect AA and AAA single-cell lights exclusively. I store them in a tackle box with individually labeled compartments. That way I can keep the lights and their accessories together. I use NiMH Eneloops exclusively, and I keep a cell in each light so they are loaded and ready to go. The extra Eneloops and my Maha C-9000 charger stay in the top of the tackle box so everything is together.