1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Flashlight Philosophy

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by jtcannonball, May 28, 2014.

1. Dafabricata

Dafabricata Loaded Pockets

Gotta have at least one or 6 flashlights on me.

With the Veleno 38DD and Tain Ottavino 10280 being so small, it's hard not to have them on you.
    The McGizmo Lunasol 20.2 is the most used due to the dual flood and reflector in one light.
    A Spy 007T is usually in my backpack to provides throw when needed.
    I also keep a backup 4Sevens Ti. AA modified with an L10 driver in my Skinth.
    The backpack also usually has Zebralights H52w, SC52w, and H502w in it, and occasionally the H600w and H602w when I need more light and/or longer runtime.

What can I say....I REALLY like flashlights and there's always a good excuse to use them.

jabe1, Ironside and twin63 like this.
  2. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

I typically have 2-4 lights with me at any given time. I always have a AAA light in my pocket. If I'm at work, I will also have a 2XCR123 light in my EDC bag and a cheap AA loner in my desk drawer. Off work, I'll have my AAA light and will add a 1XAA or 1XCR123 light clipped to my LFP. In the winter, especially if I'm outside at night, I'll drop a 6P style 2XCR123 light in my jacket pocket. This is probably overkill to a lot of folks, but it works for me. Besides, I like flashlights;).

CSM-101, Ironside and jabe1 like this.
  3. batteur
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

batteur Loaded Pockets

In my jeans pocket there’s a Klarus MiX6 SS (small, sleek, AAA) with a homemade clip. In the Bag (Co-Pilot) a Sunwayman V10R (CR123A) and spare batteries for both (and an additional button cell torch just for having light to search the bag). If wearing a suit I usually have the bag, too, and exchange the MiX6 SS for a MiX6 Ti with a tighter clip for the thinner cloth. In my car GHB is a Fenix E01 (AAA) with spare batteries. In my geocaching bag (MP Jumbo) is a Nitecore P16 and a Spark ST6-460NW (head torch) which both use 18650 batteries, in my dedicated geocaching trousers a Fenix E12 which uses the same batteries (AA) as the GPS (etrex 30).

Ironside likes this.
  4. Ironside

Ironside Loaded Pockets

You have very good taste in flashlights. Interesting selection.

Dafabricata likes this.
  5. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

I define EDC as what I carry daily even if the rotation changes. In this case it's always a single small light in my pants pocket and a large one in my coat (18650). This gives me a spread of .01ish - 1300+ lumens and various beam profiles and cell options.

If I adopt a EDC pack it would prob include a couple more lights and knives.

twin63 and T.H.Cone like this.
  6. O_G

O_G Loaded Pockets

All day. Everyday.
    [​IMG]

Home. Work. Outdoors.
    [​IMG]

Lollolo and twin63 like this.
  7. LRex
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

LRex Loaded Pockets

Seems like a standard set up, but one keychain light (Leatherman Serac S2) and a pocket light (Olight S15). I sometimes use the Led Lenser K3 but I really do prefer easy to obtain batteries. Such a case, if I don't have a back up battery and the current battery dies out, I can go to a nearby convenience store and purchase some. Though, I have rechargeable batteries and I don't use my flashlights enough to completely drain them.

8. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

One in my work bag.
    One in my room.
    2 in the car.

I rarely use them, but when I do need them I'm glad I have a few.

9. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Loaded Pockets

I always have a knife, a light and a gun, with backups in the vehicle. Always better to have and not need, than to need and not have

Red_17, kbuzbee and keith1234 like this.
  10. millhouse

millhouse Loaded Pockets

My work bag contains a Fenix E11 and a Jetbeam IIIM.

The E11 is what normally gets used. I sometimes work solo in the office at night, the Jetbeam is there in case of power failure etc.

11. Ironside

Ironside Loaded Pockets

I like a keychain light a 79 cent XSTAR, Quantum D or 4sevens Atom Ti
    plus a small pocket light, Preon 1 w clicky, SWM Mr Elfin
    At home I use the V11R or an HDS 120 highCRI

twin63 likes this.
  12. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

I carry lights as to always be prepared at home, work, or any building when the lights go out. My EDC light has been used at work when I have had to move my work station and had to search under the top of a new cubicle desk for the hiddng computer and phone connections. EDC duties rotate between an Olight i2 and Fenix E12, both single AA lights. I use AA batteries more than C123s and 18650s for convenience since you can purchase AAs inexpensively and that rechargeable AAs are good investments. My EDC pack hold a Fenix TK15, my only 18650 light, great thrower along with good runtimes. A Nitecore MT21A is a 2 X AA spare EDC light. At home two headlamps are kept for work around the house, the car and when working in tight places.

I like the Olight and Fenix lights since they can tail stand in the event they are needed to light a small room.

Like you I rarely use my lights for more than a few minutes. But a 4 hour power outage a few weeks ago reminde my to check the batteries in our 30 day LED latnern and the head lamps.

Of course the above IMHO.

13. Lollolo

Lollolo Loaded Pockets

I can't really know when and where I will need a flashlight, as a first responder and responsible of safety in the apartment block where I live I should need it anytime... so I have at least two flaslight always with me

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI G525-U00 utilizzando Tapatalk

14. Lollolo

Lollolo Loaded Pockets

15. Lollolo

Lollolo Loaded Pockets

I have cited myself for error, sorry

16. jtcannonball

jtcannonball Loaded Pockets

Love how awesome this community is. Just picked up a Fenix E01 and may pick up another for my wife. That and my Eiger coming tomorrow is making this a great week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dml24 and tmedina like this.
  17. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

Fenix E01, great light!

tmedina likes this.
  18. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

It's a gateway light, that's what it is. :D

Jarhead Greasemonkey and kd7dvd like this.
  19. david57strat

david57strat EDC Junkie!!!

I wouldn't call it a "flashlight problem" - but an expanded flashlight awareness :)

20. GQP

GQP Loaded Pockets

Dedicated Vehicle - The only place I want a strobe option. One in glove box\console and one in hatch\trunk.

Dedicated Home - One in each main room with rechargeable batteries. Each person must have one within arms reach in bedroom.

Dedicated Weapon - On\Off only. No strobe or output settings. These can not count as any of the other lights.

Keychain\Bag - Micro-type light on every keyring and important bag (BOB, EDC, Medical)

EDC - 1 Small light on person any time out of the house

BOB and EDC Bag - 1 quality flashlight and 1 quality headlamp

Main Med Kits - 1 headlamp

vinniec5 likes this.