1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Fixed blade help for concealed carry....

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Demolition Dan, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Demolition Dan

Demolition Dan Loaded Pockets

Wow. Awesome looking design! Way more then I'm looking to spend though....

2. JMV

JMV Loaded Pockets

I had a brain fart and forgot to mention Al Polkowski www.polkowskiknives.com. Thin, light, and WAY more affordable.

3. Mark123

Mark123 Empty Pockets

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Hideaway Knife. Very tactical, economical design. Easy to sharpen/maintain. Much smaller than what you are looking for, but the smaller size may help you avoid any legal issues. I think it's small enought to be considered a utility knife. I consider it a "break glass in case of emergency" type item.

Be careful. I think in some states, carrying a concealed blade longer than 3" is considered a felony, whereas, carrying a concealed firearm without CC license is considered a misdemeanor. Go figure. :shrug:

4. cyberspyder

cyberspyder Loaded Pockets

The reason is because FS (and William) isn't a good person(s) to deal with. Orders have been backlog for months, no communication, money has been lost, knives not shipped. It's safer to go with someone/something else. Good idea, but bad everything else.

5. cardoso5fr

cardoso5fr Loaded Pockets

Fred perrin La griffe , SHARK, (industrial or custom) spot, spin and all custom neck knives with goot kydex sheath.
    Almost every knifemaker did nice and efficient neck knives.

6. illusion

illusion Loaded Pockets

Thats true but fenix outfitters have them in stock and ready to ship..

7. orlyg1521

orlyg1521 Empty Pockets

Agreed, I am in the process of making a kydex sheath

8. MandM

MandM Loaded Pockets

What about TOPS knives? They've got a bunch of small knives. I have a TOPS Ferret and I think it's a pretty stout little knife.

9. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

For what you are looking for, I would recommend something with a skeletonized handle:

BM TK-1 Tether Knife my personal favorite

CRKT Stiff PECK excellent sheath retention and great value

Spyderco Swick / Spot probably both excellent knives and very ergonomic

The majority of knives that people are recommending are going to be solid chunks of steel. The knives above are going to be lighter.

10. choubbi

choubbi Loaded Pockets

I love my Spyderco Swick, but they're hard to find nowadays...

11. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

You might be able to find a Swick or a SPOT at 1sks. Last I checked they had a few.

12. thewayofthegun1

thewayofthegun1 Loaded Pockets

I need a swick for my rotation....
    I love the SLCC for neck "knife" carry. This is as large a fixed im comfortable carrying.
    Smaller alternatives in my rotation:
    I also love Haks (coogler custom and Coogler titanium straight)
    Fred Perrin Custom Griffe are sweet. They have a useful straight edge.
    The Sarclops by SAR knives is pretty handy and hefty.

Last but not least is my ATwood ring thing. Thats about as small a fixed blade I carry.

13. Demolition Dan

Still a little more then I was looking to pay, but beautiful knives!! I think I'll pick one of those up when I have the extra $$.

14. chriscoobs

chriscoobs Empty Pockets

man that Swick is a nice little blade, Too bad they seem to be out of stock everywhere i look, i would love one.  The microtech manus is another GREAT fixed blade that seems to be discontinued. If you can still find a manus pick one up, I have one in plain edge that i love and i kick myself for trading my combo edged one for an Atwrench a while back. (the manus is harder to find than a the Atwood now!). If you want a nice cheap neck knife then look at the Boker CLB Edit. Its made of 440 stainless, which isnt the best blade steel, but its a great little fixed blade and is well priced.

15. sabongero

sabongero Loaded Pockets

On a budget, any of the Cold Steel offerings make for great CC. The Kobun Tanto always comes to mind, fast, light, secure grip, slim profile and a rather decent conecealex sheath. However the Strider SLCC is worth the extra $$$.

16. peacefuljeffrey

I would look into the Timberline Mini Pit Bull. I have two, and I like them a lot. Sturdy, small, but serious. Decent thickness. Good sheath retention. Very reasonable price.
    I ground the recurve out of one of mine and put in a small choil to make sharpening easier.

17. Demolition Dan

I think that is the one I'm gonna go for, found it the other day on 1sks.com

18. peacefuljeffrey

I'm glad my recommendation meant something! :D

It's really a great little knife for the size and for the money. Last night, after recommending it and thinking about it, I took it out of the drawer and started fondling it all over again. ;D Reminding myself of my appreciation of it. I can't imagine a better little reliable and tough self-defense sticker that the Mini Pit Bull. The edge is nice, and the point of that knife is very aggressive. It may be like AUS6A or something, not S30V, but it'll be there when you need it.

Knifecenter no longer lists them, and a quick look on eBay saw one going for a starting bid of $39.95, buy-it-now $44.99! Grab that thirty-dollar one from 1SKS, dude! :shocked: