1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

FIVE Free Atwoods: And the Winners Are...

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by souptree, Mar 26, 2008.

1. souptree

souptree Loaded Pockets

Thank you very much, my friend and God bless you as well.

I heard a great quote yesterday, I will try to paraphrase it:

It is not about how much you give. It is about the emptying of yourself so that you may be filled anew.

I can truly say that all the wonderful comments and sentiments expressed to me over the course of this are worth much more to me than that tool ever would have been. In a very real sense, I have gained so much from this experience. Community is very important, even in today's fractured world and I thank all of you for participating in mine.

I am glad to hear these have started to arrive and I hope you enjoy them. Now let's see some pics! ;D

As for the accursed Atlantic -- hrm, well *I* had to fill out THREE sets of customs forms! :laugh:

2. gizzyeq

gizzyeq Empty Pockets

I can imagine some customs guy in some country fondling your Atwoods with a glimmer in his eye :evilgrin:

Now you remember part of the deal right?...y'all gotta take some pics when you go somewhere with your Atwood and post em!! ;D I think most collectors are in the states...so we like seeing far off lands :laugh:
    I think we all agree...pics are good :cool: post em in the show your Atwoods thread.
    No camera?...well~ in a general sense...maybe its time to invest in a decent'ish p/s digicam hehe

:worthless:

3. yellowhammer

yellowhammer Loaded Pockets

Guess what arrived this morning? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

First impressions are: Ooh, nice! ;D so tactile, I can't put it down. I'm spinning it in my fingers as I type (I can only type one-fingered at the best of times ;)). Pictures will be coming soon, after I've convinced the better-half that I did actually win it, rather than buy it :D

Once again, thanks to Souptree and everyone for organising this. Soupy, your comments about community are expressed far more eloquently than I could manage, but I couldn't agree more. What a fine place this is :)

4. bentusian

bentusian Empty Pockets

Mine arrived today, too! ;D Let me give you a visual confirmation:

[​IMG]
    O0

Once again, my sincere thanks go to Souptree for arranging such a great giveaway and donating this living classic piece of work. I'll keep the other generous donors updated as their gifts arrive. Cheers.

5. yellowhammer

yellowhammer Loaded Pockets

Quick & dirty;

[img width=640 height=426]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n275/yellowhammer_01/cutlery%20and%20gear/EDC/bermudatriangle01.jpg[/img]

I'll get some better shots in the week (and when my camera's not set up for butterflies ;D)

6. Jay_Ev

Jay_Ev Loaded Pockets

Congrats to the winners and enjoy your new Atwoods!

Jay

7. jiji

jiji Loaded Pockets

I got my Keyton yesterday :woohoo: :roof: It's already in my keyring:

[img width=640 height=585]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i218/gigicat/keychain_scaled.jpg[/img]

Thank you Souptree and others! Also thanks to Mr. Atwood for making all those handy tools available for us!

I'm thinking of filing the smaller screwdriver bit down a little to make it fit smaller screws (or is that considered sacrilege? :shocked:). By the way, I wonder why Mr. Atwood has chosen to point the smaller tip in that direction. If it pointed at least 90 degrees away from the direction of the larger tip, it would be a lot more useful--now the larger tip can get in the way when using the smaller tip (depending how the screw is located).