1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Fishing bag

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by jivers1993, Jun 9, 2019.

1. jivers1993

jivers1993 Empty Pockets

Anybody have a good suggestion for a fishing tackle bag? I have looked at bags actually made for fishing tackle but they seem overpriced and not good quality. Also a side question is are there any fisherman out there on this forum? Have you had any luck so far this year?

FLbeachbum and neo71665 like this.
  2. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

Personally I like my tackle boxes. I've tried the bags 2 or 3 times and they just don't hold up over time like the hard boxes do.

As far as luck we are hit and miss right now with all the flooding we are having. We did go out last week where the local waters was down and got our limit in crappie but it rained that night and flooded again. Haven't had a chance to get out on the river since it just crested today at 50.20 feet. The record is 52 and we were sure it was gonna beat it.

3. jivers1993

jivers1993 Empty Pockets

I like using tackle boxes too but we are going to do some wading in some streams to fish and I just can’t find a good bag I am thinking of trying to use the 5.11 Moab 6 bag. Also over 50 feet is crazy how deep is it normally I don’t know how deep the river gets here but I doubt it’s that deep.

4. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

Just depends on where ya at. Not sure what they call the normal height but yeah 50 feet over is crazy. It's flooding areas not even considered in the flood zone. Those places I think the last time flooded was like in the 20s or 30s. The insurance companies are going crazy trying to find loopholes. We were lucky for the most part and knew it was coming when Oklahoma flooded. Just google arkansas river flooding and it should bring all kinds of fun pictures up.

5. BklynBoy

BklynBoy Loaded Pockets

Last year, I got one of these Cabelas bags. Works fine for me.

6. McNasty

McNasty Loaded Pockets

What kind of fishing would hekp

7. FLbeachbum

FLbeachbum Loaded Pockets

This is a subject near and dear to me. Thanks for posting. Hopefully people will post pics. I would love to see peoples fishing set ups.

I use the plastic Plano boxes in a tackle bag from Wal Mart. It's not very exciting but it's fairly cheap and it works. I separate freshwater and saltwater tackle into different bags. In those bags I have a different box for each kind of fish (bass, catfish, panfish & redfish, sea trout, flounder, pompano).

I haven't had a lot of time to fish this year. The only notable fish I've caught so far are a couple of freshwater channel cats and a black drum. Mostly just those :censored: :banghead: saltwater cats though. I normally toss them to the herons that stalk you on the beach and come running before you can get the fish reeled in.

8. Il Duce

Il Duce Loaded Pockets

I use a backpack sometimes but I prefer ultra lite fishing and I use these mainly. They are medicine containers and they can slip right in a pocket.

[​IMG]

jag-engr and Moshe ben David like this.