1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Space Pen - chrome bullet

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Buffalohump, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Buffalohump

Buffalohump Loaded Pockets

Hey, I got my first Fisher Space Pen. I went with a chrome bullet and I rilly like it. It's a lot smaller than I expected (I gotta start reading specs) but I like that too. The chrome finish is way cool. I almost went for the black finish but I'm glad I went with the chrome. It's got a retro vibe about it and I really enjoy the subtle notching on the clip. And how about that cool moonscape box insert? Love it.

I can see why they put this sucker in the Smithsonian. It writes well too and I really dig the way you can write vertically with it. Its way cooler than Parker and Cross and all those other brands. And everyone's got a Mont Blanc, so what's so special about that? Fisher Space pens rock! :afro:

2. Gadget Guy

Gadget Guy Banned

I really like them too! I have three of them and find them perfect for edc. I even have a SAK red one that I really love! :smitten: :afro:

3. NTRotty

NTRotty Loaded Pockets

Bought my first Bullet this week, like it so well, ordered the astronaut pen from company web site. I like waterman otherwise with a few cross pens from yesteryears'.

4. white_feather

white_feather Loaded Pockets

I have a Chrome Bullet in a credit card wallet and a Blue Bullet in the pouch with my SOG Powerlock. I carry two Paul Smith fountain pens and a Dunhill AD2000 fountain pen in one pouch and a pair of Parker Jotters in another pouch. I guess I like pens. I also have a Cross Matrix in my jacket pocket.

5. DSYCUTTER

DSYCUTTER Banned

I carry a chrome space pen in my front pocket in my business card holder. I am really happy with its quality and performance.

6. Podus

Podus Banned

I keep at my office a red bullet space pen, a black one and a chrome one - I've had the chrome one since 1990 and remains by far my favorate - reserve it for signing papers. This is amusing, but the red and black ones keep those color inks. The fine point refills are available in red at www.spacepen.com . I recently purchased a gold titanium nitrate (coated) one and found the workmanship as good as when I purchased the chrome.

Attached Files:

7. Grizzlybear

Grizzlybear Loaded Pockets

All these good reviews, I broke down and bought the chrome today. I'll give it a shot and see how it works out.

8. LowWorm

LowWorm Guest

Had a few chromies (the brushed one is my favorite finish), and liked them well enough. However, I really wish Fisher would invest a little more effort in the clip for these...don't know how many times my clip wriggled loose from the body, putting my chromie at huge risk of loss... :shrug:

Best thing about this particular Fisher bullet is the grooved grip - the black bullet doesn't have the grooves.

9. Gadget Guy

Gadget Guy Banned

There is one downside to the fisher space pen, it leaves a small glob of ink when you pickup the tip from the paper. Anyone else have this problem? I have three FSP's and they all do the same thing. Maybe I'm just heavy handed! :shrug:

10. Gazoo

Gazoo Loaded Pockets

I'm with ya there. A nice integrated and smooth looking clip would be a winner.

11. Lurkr

Lurkr Loaded Pockets

GG - I just got my first Chrome bullet (and a moleskin notebook) for Valentine's Day, and I have noticed no such globbing.... is it a result of time and use? or has it done this will all your refills?

12. Grizzlybear

Grizzlybear Loaded Pockets

Only been a few days, but not a blob yet. I think I'll get the Police Pro, like the rubber grip.

13. spiritof76

spiritof76 Loaded Pockets

Other people have told me these blobs are because of the older ink formulation. Current cartridges aren't supposed to have them. My pen is older, so I do have problems with the blobs.

I inspected my old black chrome bullet and I'm disappointed. After about 15 years, it has picked up some wear. And it turns out the black chrome finish is actually a translucent black paint over the chrome, some of which has chipped off on the edges of the cap. Still looks good, though.

14. grubbster

grubbster Guest

I have gotten two space pens over the past few weeks, a chrome and brass one. Love them both and have seen no problems with skipping or blobbing of ink. The ink cartridges in one is dated 11/05 and the other is dated 12/06. When was the ink reformulated?

15. Bagheera

Bagheera Empty Pockets

The same here, I just lost my black titanium nitride finished Fisher Bullet pen that I had for just a month because the :censored: tiny pocket clip is way to weak to hold on.

It hurts to have to spend another $36 to get a replacement one with clip, but I want to as it was a gift from my wife for my fiftieth birthday.

Cheers,

Bagheera

16. Intrepid

Intrepid Empty Pockets

The black titanium coated one is my personal favorate, next to chrome. It disapeares in the bottom of my shirt pocket each day until needed. Never used a clip since I was given a chrome in about mid-70s -- I always thought the clips take away a lot from the bullet design, and can scratch the finish. Never lost one to falling out, but watch out if someone wants to borrow it.

17. Priestly

Priestly Loaded Pockets

I just got a black bullet yesterday. Smaller than I thought it would be too, Buffalohump. :shrug:

It seemed to have a bit of trouble starting but that's probably because it's new. Otherwise, I think I'm going to like it! :thumbsup:

18. dental4usa

dental4usa Loaded Pockets

No blobs for me - I like it a lot!

19. LowWorm

LowWorm Guest

I never thought the Fisher bullet pens were "blobby" (aside from a few of the older ink cartridges I had)...but compared to some of the other pens I've had roughly in the same price range, I can see why some would think that - maybe not blobby as much as more "viscous."

20. Gadget Guy

Gadget Guy Banned

I must simply be too heavy handed! ;)