1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Fisher Space Bullet Pen or other options?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by yo mama, Oct 11, 2013.

1. yo mama

yo mama Loaded Pockets

Looking for a nice pen for work. I'm in an office nothing crazy.

I like the look of the Fisher Space Bullet pen, but know very little about it. I like medium point, and want something that can take various levels of abuse. I plan on carry in back pocket next to wallet.

Any advise? Thanks.

2. jeepsrjason
    • In Omnia Paratus

jeepsrjason Loaded Pockets

Hinderer investigator in the forum store!

SAKplumber likes this.
  3. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

jeepsrjason likes this.
  4. Knightrock
    • In Omnia Paratus

Knightrock EDC Junkie!!!!!

I like my Fisher Space pens.

[​IMG]

chas353, jeepsrjason and SAKplumber like this.
  5. Legend

Legend Loaded Pockets

Once you use a Parker refill you will never go back to anything else!

[​IMG]

6. Legend

Legend Loaded Pockets

I am not editing fast enough! :p

7. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Ha! You edited fast enough...I deleted my posts because by the time i posted it you had edited and the word "cat" ridge wasn't there anymore:p I didn't delete fast enough!:p

8. Legend

Legend Loaded Pockets

Don't judge me, writing utensils get me excited! :bounce:

SAKplumber likes this.
  9. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

What is your price point?:)

You might start by looking here.

http://www.jsburlys.com/index.php?app=ecom&ns=catshow&ref=tacticalpens

10. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

I'm not sure what kind of abuse you expect a pen to take.

As Legend says you can put a Fisher refill in any pen that takes the common Parker ballpoint refill.

The bullet is a little too thin (for writing) and slick (so it falls out of pockets easily) for my taste, but they have a lot of fans.

EDIT: also the finish will eventually wear off and the brass will show through eventually, but some people like it.

11. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

I carry the Zebra F-301 pens at work.

WsRub04 likes this.
  12. bubbaj

bubbaj Loaded Pockets

The bullet pen is real nice, I have one and do not regret buying but I agree on the above post about it being to thin. The parker jotter is slightly wider IMO but not by much but writes very well. If you want a small pocket pen, IMO the bullet is what to get you won't even know its in your pocket. But I can't take extended notes with it because of it being to thin. But I have large wide hands

13. shmook

shmook Loaded Pockets

I carried my bullet clipped into the spine of my wallet, and it forever falling out of the cap. Don't know if that was a one-off, but something to consider ;)

14. bubbaj

bubbaj Loaded Pockets

That sounds like a flaw. Maybe it was missing the oring that keeps it snug. Mine is real secure, it won't come out unless I pull it out. Unless your talking about when the cap is posted for writing?

15. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Generally use the Fisher Bullet for short writing tasks. I wanted to have a back-up just for security outside of the assortment of pens in the bags. So after 13+ years, the Sensa Minx was called back into service. It's a bit thicker and has a silicone grip area. The Minx is the compact pen in Sensa's product line. Remarkably, the ink was still good and the grip materal was still like new.

The Sensa Minx is about 4.75 inches in length and comes with a leather sleeve for pocket/purse travel. The newer ones have a stylus point on the tail end for tablet/phone use, but mine is one of the original ones from the late 1990s/early 2000s.

ATB,
    Sam

16. bubbaj

bubbaj Loaded Pockets

Looks like a decent little pen, I would prefer one without a stylus too, looking you held on to yours. I was thinking about the fisher trekker but I hear that little cap falls off easily but the pen does look thicker around the grip than the bullet. I was looking in the BX but they didn't have any.

17. Narcosynthesis

Narcosynthesis Loaded Pockets

As a 'pocket' sized pen I am a big fan of the bullet. Small enough to pocket easily without the length becoming an issue, folds out to 'normal' size for writing, and as a bonus is pretty :censored: tough and reliable. I have carried mine camping, sent them on a couple of accidental trips through the washing machine and even taken swimming to see if they write on RITR paper underwater (spoiler: they do) and never had a problem.

About the only complaints I could make about them is the fact that for when you don't have to take notes while battling the elements it would be nice to have the option of a more traditional gel or rollerball cartridge instead of the fisher cartridge, and the fact that if I have taken notes of any length I seem to loosen the cap of the pen from the body slightly as I write - a complete non-issue for quick notes, but possibly worth mentioning if you intend using it for essays.

If I am going to be doing a lot of writing or am sitting at my desk I will admit I generally reach for a more traditional pen - for working in a shop I carry a Parker jotter with a fisher cartridge to get the best of the pressurised cartridge but in an easier to grab clicky body rather than a capped bullet one. At the desk I have a couple of different Parkers with more traditional cartridges that I prefer for writing feel and look - great for writing on a pad at a desk, but they lack the reliability and being-able-to-write-upside-downness of the fisher that comes in handy when out and about.

stbear likes this.
  18. Sachsen

Sachsen Loaded Pockets

I like my Fisher bullet for EDC because of its compactness and durability. But like others have stated, it isn't the most comfortable pen to write with for extended periods. Good for taking quick notes. I wouldn't use it all day at my desk. For that I would go with a Jetstream, my Rotring 600 with a Parker gel refill, or a fountain pen, depending on the task.

19. WsRub04
    • In Omnia Paratus

WsRub04 Loaded Pockets

I like the Zebra 701/402 conversion.
    look up poorman's space pen.
    Been using it everyday for over a year.

20. shmook

shmook Loaded Pockets

It had the o ring on, just the cap was loose. I meant closed, not open when writing :)