1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

First world problem

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by GQkudzu, Aug 27, 2018.

1. GQkudzu

GQkudzu Loaded Pockets

Not a huge deal, but...

Just bought a Tiscribe Bolt and love it. But it doesn't ride in my shirt pocket very well, being a bit longer and considerably heavier than a typical pen. So, I'm wondering if there's a good leather (or any material basically) pocket protector that you all would recommend to ease my troubles.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Tapatalk

2. Nusm

Nusm Loaded Pockets

This one is not cheap coming in at just a shade over $21, but it's leather and durable. I've had mine for over three years, and it's holding up well (though admittedly I don't use it every day, but I use it a lot).

Edit: After rereading your post, I see that you're probably looking for something for a shirt pocket. I use the one linked above in my pants pocket.

Last edited by Nusm, Aug 27, 2018
    #2 Nusm, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    GQkudzu likes this.
  3. Gogogordy

Gogogordy Loaded Pockets

Fashion faux pas of the highest order....

GQkudzu likes this.
  4. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

Been very close to ordering the tiscribe so many times, but everytime I think; what if he releases a shorter version, that would be even better", and I go back to whatever I was doing. I guess I've been preventing first world problems without even knowing it

GQkudzu likes this.
  5. BillSXT2002

BillSXT2002 Loaded Pockets

This may not be an ideal solution, but I sometimes clip my pen horizontally on the button section of the shirt, and the pen ends up hanging diagonally with the button as support. So far, I haven't lost any pens this way.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mauiblue, GQkudzu and MatBlack like this.
  6. MatBlack

MatBlack Loaded Pockets

I carry mine that way too.

GQkudzu likes this.
  7. GQkudzu

GQkudzu Loaded Pockets

These are good possibilities. I walked around my office a bit with the pen clipped between my shirt buttons. I've looked on etsy for some pocket slips as well. Yesterday, I tried carrying it clipped into my jeans pocket, along the seam and beside my Delica. For now, that may be my most practical solution. That does make me paranoid that I'll lose it and not even realize it's gone, but in reality, it's gotta be more secure there than barely clipped into a flimsy shirt pocket.

mauiblue likes this.
  8. GQkudzu

GQkudzu Loaded Pockets

Another solution I'll explore is the Hanks by Hank Pocket Caddy. The large size is 3.5 inches wide, so it should fit just fine in a shirt pocket. That could provide just enough height and support for the pen without looking like a pocket protector.

9. mauiblue

mauiblue Loaded Pockets

All my writing instruments slipped and clipped into my jeans pockets. Just don't forget to retract the pen tip before placing into your pocket

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

10. this_is_nascar

this_is_nascar Loaded Pockets

Same here. My F-701 fits just fine.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

GQkudzu and mauiblue like this.
  11. WillAdams

WillAdams Loaded Pockets

One potential concern about a pen in a pants pocket is bending --- I had a Fisher Space Pen come unglued / partially disassembled in my pocket and broke the insert when I sat down. Quite the mess.

That was one of the reasons I switched to a leather holder for it which rids in my front left pants pocket.

Ages ago, I used to fold up a legal sheet of paper just so to hold a pen in my shirt pocket and hold it in alignment along the edge of the pocket, but not show, and to be available for use should the need arise (first fold was in half as I recall, so I could pull it out, unfold it, tear off half, then refold and put it back), but I got out of the habit when my kids were born and I switched to a Levenger Palm Notes case which I use as a blotter, and I wasn't able to recreate it the last time I tried.

GQkudzu likes this.
  12. this_is_nascar

this_is_nascar Loaded Pockets

I'll get a hole in my leg before I need to worry about this F-701 bending, but I hear what you're saying.

I have those concerns when I carry my F-301 that way.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

GQkudzu likes this.
  13. GQkudzu

GQkudzu Loaded Pockets

I'll mention that for several months, I did carry an F-701 in my jeans pocket. That worked out well until I somehow managed to bend the clip. Even after reshaping it back, it never grasped my pocket as strongly as before. I did the same with a second F-701 later on. I realize the clip on the Bolt is much thicker and very unlikely to bend out of shape.

14. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

I have a Tombow XPA outdoor pen hanging from my security lanyard. I did have the spacepen trekker, but the Tombow is more interesting as a solid piece of engineering: notwithstanding you need to detach it completely when you want to use it using the quick release thang.

I'm really a fountain pen user in the office and carry one in its leather single pen slip case with my notebook , in a shirt pocket, or if wearing a shirt without pocket, horizontally clipped into shirt.

tbzbbt

15. oke

oke Loaded Pockets