1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

First Tactical: Show us your photos

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Journo, May 28, 2018.

1. ferris209

ferris209 Loaded Pockets

My First Tactical 1-Day Plus, I use it to carry to work. Right now I’m dispatching Fire/EMS on 16 hour shifts, until I get back out on the streets. Taking a break from being a cop after 15 years on the street, hence all the cop regalia.

MSM Patch Panel Pouch holds my eyeglass wipes, BFG single mag pouch holds my Leatherman
    [​IMG]

Henry Holsters Hand Santizer Kydex holder and OV Innovations Teeter Pouch for my 40oz HYDRO Flask
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Back, you can see a red cutting board peeking out that use at work for various stuff.
    [​IMG]

Another Teeter Pouch for my water bottle/Zip Fizz on the way to work. The disc is the top of my window breaker/paracord cuffs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Front right pocket has my wallet and checkbook.
    [​IMG]

Other pocket has a tape measure and a couple flip lighters, hard to see here.
    [​IMG]

Front admin pocket has some Zip-Fizz containers recycled as medicine containers and my OV Innovations THE-E Pouch which has all my little tools, scissors, etc.
    [​IMG]

Interior holds various random things depending on what I bring to work such as a rolled up hoodie, lunch, paracord stuff to tinker, etc. The Vanquest pouch on the right has my Firestick to use at work and the Maxped Cocoon has my eating stuff, fork, spoon, Jess Hall’s Serendipity Seasoned Salt, etc. The other pouch is a CountyComm pouch with all my paracord stuff I'm taking today.
    [​IMG]

Eyeglass pouch on top carries my eye drops, extra set of glasses, and I don’t know why I keep that bungee cord in there.
    [​IMG]

Rear hang thru pocket keeps my S&W 1911 .45 attached to a Grey Man Tactical RIP-M. Man I’ll be glad if they ever offer those covered in loop.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here’s my off duty carry, an FT Summit Side Satchel, not much to speak of, it carries a small portion of the same things my backpack carries, checkbook, Kimber 1911 .45, multi tool, cables, etc. I keep the main pocket free of anything and I usually chuck my iPad, mail, documents, whatever else I’m taking with me or bringing home that day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#41 ferris209, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  2. ferris209

ferris209 Loaded Pockets

I lucked out and scored a used Coyote .05-Day Tactix backpack on eBay for $65 shipped. It’s not exactly brand new, but it hasn’t been abused or put through the rigors it’s designed for. Most likely a daily carry for someone for a couple months. Almost looks new to me. Getting stuff put on it now.

ProjeKtWEREWOLF and twin63 like this.
  3. Jackr

Jackr Loaded Pockets

Inquired with First Tactical on the release of the Ascend Courier bag showcased at SHOT. Response was "most likely spring of 2020". Bummed to hear that, will have to be patient.

ferris209 likes this.
  4. ferris209

ferris209 Loaded Pockets

They show them to be in stock on their website, Amazon, and eBay.

I think you mean just the Courier, the Ascend is the largest, Summit is the smallest, and the newest Courier is the medium.

5. Jackr

Jackr Loaded Pockets

I did mean the new medium courier. Thanks.

Wesmanthetiger and ferris209 like this.
  6. Wesmanthetiger

Wesmanthetiger Loaded Pockets

When First Tactical first came on the scene I was really excited. I purchased several of their bags and have enjoyed them, but they seem to have gotten into their clothing lines full force and forgotten us bag hounds! Why introduce new shirts and pants, only to discontinue less than a year later and put on clearance. Tactix bags never seem to go on meaningful sale, only clothing. Meanwhile 5.11 continues to try new bags and keeps things fresh with new designs and sales to give us a break now and then. That Courier bag should've been out by now, but they had to focus on that new boot. I guess I'll move on. Sorry to rant, they showed so much promise as a 5.11 competitor. Quality is still there, but interest has waned.

ferris209 and zyntherius like this.
  7. ferris209

ferris209 Loaded Pockets

Yeah, they’ve certainly just let their bag line stagnate. Possibly a business move, I would imagine the clothing takes less money to design and make and, in turn, that creates larger profit margins in that area. So it makes sense that they’d focus on that area.

On the other hand, I like that they don’t get crazy with their bags, 5.11 has new bags and designs coming out what seems like constantly and they discontinue stuff almost just as quick, same with Maxpedition. I have tons of Maxped stuff that is entirely discontinued and was only out for a brief period.

I wished they would add a couple more color options to their bags and maybe a few more bag options. I would love to have a “Double Tap” black/grey combo Tactix 0.5-Day Backpack and a Tactix Summit Side Satchel, with laser molle and maybe a few more upgraded features.

zyntherius and Wesmanthetiger like this.
  8. Wesmanthetiger

So they added a new color option to a couple of their bags. You ready? Pumpkin Spice! . It sold so well they clearanced them out on black Friday. How do I know? I picked up the pumpkin crosshatch sling for $30 (down from $89). Why? Good visible bag for short hikes, still a tough as nails crosshatch, and NO ONE will have one like it! Lol. Truly I hope they start giving some real attention to their bags as their stuff is really well designed and built. Website still lists their Tactix line as "new". I'll post pics as soon as I get.

chaosmagnet, ferris209 and zyntherius like this.
  9. ferris209

ferris209 Loaded Pockets

Got me one ordered as well, dang good price.

Wesmanthetiger likes this.
  10. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Well I went there too thinking that I would do the same for that price but alas I just can not go there!

Another reason I can't stand Pumpkin Spice anything.

11. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

The Pumpkin Spice colorway is...well...I do not care for it.

I can say that the First Tactical bags I've bought have been excellent.

12. Wesmanthetiger

Here she is in all her pumpkin glory! I added black accents to make it work for me, but I still am laughing. I have to believe that these were mistakes from their supplier, like they were trying for FDE and it just didn't work. Marketing guy says "Pumpkin Spice, Y'all!" Lol!
    All joking aside I still say the bag is bomb proof and well made, and I got a great deal for $30. I hope they keep trying new things because I love their quality. If they could just make their velcro backing of the main compartment stickier so that velcro actually adheres to it they would be perfect. That said I have a MOAB 10 by 5.11 as my work bag and this thing is right up there with it in quality. Well done!

[​IMG]

13. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

WOW!
    That is one "distinctive" looking bag?
    Pretty glad I did not grab one now too!

I too wonder about the Chi-Velcro they used in there,how much cheaper could it have been to make with that instead of Velcro that actually works?
    Especially since anywhere else it is used the Velcro works just fine,it is just for one of the main features of the bag that it does not at all?
    At least I have no other thing that it will stay stuck to?

Wesmanthetiger likes this.