1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

First Post and Current EDC

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by Alan B. Prepared, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Alan B. Prepared

Alan B. Prepared Empty Pockets

Hi there! I've been enjoying this site for a while, and I decided to sign up. Anyway, here is my current EDC, with labels indicating on and off campus items, as I am a college student with certain gear limitations when I go on campus:

[​IMG]

In case you are interested, here is where I carry it all:

Front Right Pocket: Spyderco Police (or James Hartman custom fixed blade on my belt, if I'm off campus and can utilize my CC permit)

Front Left Pocket: Cold Steel Mini-Lawman

Front Right Cargo Pocket: Casio G'zOne water resistant phone, and Z-Medica Quick Clot packet.

Front Left Cargo Pocket: Bic lighter with duct tape / masking tape on it, extra magazine for pistol (if off campus), and key chain with Gerber Clutch mini multi-tool, Maglite Solitaire mini-flashlight, and Lite-my-fire fire starter

Back Right Pocket: Black Bandanna

Back Left Pocket: Wallet with short Pencil and Pen, and Eagle Scout Badge

5.11 Fanny Pack Left Small Pocket: Victorinox Classic, Res-Q-me Rescue tool, Random Whistle, small zip ties, a few feet of sinew, and flash drive

5.11 Fanny Pack Right Small Pocket: Band-Aids, Neosporin, Motrin, allergy pills, alcohol swab, and extra bits for multi-tool

5.11 Fanny Pack Main Pocket: Inova T2 Flashlight, Leatherman Charge ALX multi-tool, Taurus PT709 Slim single stack 9mm pistol (if off campus), and / or Cold Steel small pepper spray unit

Left Hand: Timex Expedition watch, and high school ring

Neck: Necklace with Medieval coin from my fiance

Anyway, that's my EDC!
    - Alan

2. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

Looks like you got the basics covered. Nice setup

3. Alan B. Prepared

Thanks Antman! Ya, I am still trying to figure out what all I can add, your EDC looks great too by the way, I saw the thread via your signature link. Oh and you have a thread on dip somewhere too - and I don't dip often but when I do I prefer Grizzly Wintergreen.

4. DrChimRichalds
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

DrChimRichalds Loaded Pockets

I'm glad you opted for the G-10 scaled Police instead of the stainless steel. Personally, I think knives with SS handles look like hell. Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing!

5. Alan B. Prepared

Thanks DrChim! I have a lot of pocket knives, but the Police G-10 gets carried the most. I agree about the SS, they really improved the look on the G-10 version, I am already hoping for a 4th Gen. Police to come out someday, maybe an FRN version? Anyway, I see you are a Spyderco fan too - that Manix of yours inspires some serious blade envy!

6. DrChimRichalds
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

DrChimRichalds Loaded Pockets

Oh yes, quite a Spyderco fan. I'm going to have to get some pictures of my ever-growing collection posted on here sometime soon. I'm trying to sell some of my gear in order to acquire a couple new blades. Becoming "Spyder-Bitten" is a disease. With next year's tax returns I might indulge on a couple choice Manix 2 sprint runs I've been eyeing for a while...and I hope I will continue to contribute to your envy! :thumbsup:

7. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

Eagle Scouts are always welcome. My oldest son made it in 2003 in St. Pete.

8. 6_String_Jams
    • In Omnia Paratus

6_String_Jams Loaded Pockets

welcome to the forums! I'm also an Eagle Scout. Enjoy!

9. retrospeaks

retrospeaks Loaded Pockets

wow, as soon as i got a glance of the stuff before i got to your patch i thought to myself "dang, dude must be a former boy scout."

you've got an awesome kit. i dont think i had ANY of those items on my person at that age. kudos.

10. Alan B. Prepared

Thanks for the comments Catherine, retrospeaks, and 6-string - I'm always glad to meet a fellow Eagle! My time in Scouting definitely had a strong influence on my tendency to carry gear around with me. I made Eagle in 2007 in Sarasota.

11. A.D.D.i.c.t.

A.D.D.i.c.t. Loaded Pockets

Very complete setup you have so far. Welcome to the addiction! Enjoy your stay!

12. PaEolh

PaEolh Empty Pockets

EAGLE SCOUT AWESOME
    Question have you found anything cool to EDC that is Eagle Scout related? So far I have seen pens, pins, and belt buckles. There is no longer Camilius Boy Scout knives anymore:'( So it makes it sort of hard to find a practicable E.D.C Eagle Scout item.

13. Alan B. Prepared

Ya, it's too bad that Camillus went under, and whoever took over the name isn't making anything Boyscout related, or anything very appealing to me at all for that matter. However, Case Knives has been making Boy Scout knives for a while, and they are pretty nifty looking. Here should be a link to their Boy Scout line:
    http://www.wrcase.com/knives/licensed/browse.php?Family=%27Boy%20Scouts%20of%20America%27&Licensed=%271%27
    I actually have one of the old Camillus BSA knives that I got when I crossed over from Cub Scouts into Boy Scouts - it's in visually rough shape, but still functions beautifully.

14. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Lucky, I can't find my Boy Scout knife, but that was in the late 60's. Uniform and pins.

15. PaEolh

PaEolh Empty Pockets

I did not know that Case was making B.S.A knives!;D Thank you so much for telling me.
    The Camilius knives were so nice my boy scout one is beat up but still working well also have the Cub Scout one too.

16. Alan B. Prepared

17. Darth_Firebolt

Darth_Firebolt Loaded Pockets

i've got the BSA Tinker in red. I get a lot of comments about it. They also have the Super Tinker and a few locking blades with the BSA logo.
    also, you're probably going to catch flack for the Maglite Solitaire. there ARE better options out there, unless that one has sentimental value.

18. PaEolh

PaEolh Empty Pockets

I got my High School ring through the BSA store and was very impressed with it! The ring came with the eagle scout emblem of the side of the ring. Plus it was cheaper and nicer than the company that came to my school to sell rings had available.

Question has anyone had experience with the new cheaper BSA knives? The ones that have the old styles but cost between $15-$30.

19. Manatakui

Manatakui Loaded Pockets

To be fair, Remington still makes US-made BSA Scout knives; they typically run $75+, but they may be something to look into. Aside from that, you can't go wrong with a BSA-scaled Victorinox knife.

20. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

I especially like the black Ticonderoga.