1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

First Keychain Tool.....

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by Alwaystcb, Oct 22, 2012.

1. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

That's why I follow the "if you want to keep it, leave it" guide to TSA.

2. Warfusion
    • In Omnia Paratus

Warfusion Loaded Pockets

I don't like to be told what to do by stupid TSA employees. A lot of them are stupid and want what they find on people even if its ok. Its getting more and more out of control people have to stand up to them or just allow them to take your stuff. I remember a thread here about a kid getting in trouble for a stinger whats he going to do punch people to death one by one. I get he knives on your person so check it, but its at the discretion of the TSA agents scanning that bag if its allowed. I get frustrated with them It should not be what they allow It should be what they're told is allowed so we can know. I'm not hippie protester but honestly I don't feel free as an America anymore. Sorry to rant the TSA just pisses me off.

Jack_Wood likes this.
  3. hatchetjack

You want to get on that plane or not?

4. Warfusion
    • In Omnia Paratus

Warfusion Loaded Pockets

That's one sided thinking. If we allow them to keep adding to what's restricted who's to stop them from saying all you can bring is cloths and that's it. Would you allow that and stand with the TSA on that choice? I wouldn't but we have no choice because a plane is the fastest route and they know it.

Jack_Wood likes this.
  5. hatchetjack

Look, I have a family, a mortgage, was out of work most of last year and am now trying to make ends meet on a production line job. If TSA wants to tell me I can't take it on, I'm letting them. I have a whole other list of priorities to attend to.

MJGEGB, gibbsrule9 and Six String like this.
  6. Six String

Six String Loaded Pockets

Amen, agree 100%. I'm sitting on a plane as I write this. Bigger things to worry about. I guess im just a slave to the man. Ha! To the OP, nice tool.

7. kwak

kwak Loaded Pockets

What a ridiculous and ignorant statement.

I work within security and mainly around airport security and know very many TSA workers.
    Sure there is the odd jerk, but the vast vast majority are just normal people doing a job to try and put food on the table and get passengers safely to their destination.

I would fight for you to have the right to stand up and disagree, the problem i have is that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, so why should people that do the job day and day out listen to a jackass that's spouting off throwing a temper tantrum and holding up every other passenger behind them.

If your frustrated you should get frustrated at either the terrorist that put civilians as targets or the government the majority of your fellow country folk voted into office.

Getting frustrated at the person that searches you or operates the x-ray system is absolutely pointless, all they're trying to do is do their jobs to the best of their abilities in direct view of their supervisor and/or manager.

If you have a knife in your hand luggage it's not at anyone's discretion, it's not allowed plain and simple.

What drives me crazy as a regular flier is the ignorance of people.
    They're asked at check in if you have any of the prohibited items in their hand luggage, they're even shown a picture in case they can't read, they answer NO.

They then approach the security station which AGAIN has a list and pictures of prohibited items, AGAIN this is ignored.

THEN when they are found to have a prohibited item they throw a tantrum at the very people that are trying to secure their safe passage.

The list of prohibited items is very clearly and consistently listed.
    It's listed when you book your tickets on-line, it's listed when you print your tickets, it's listed at check-in, it's listed throughout pretty much every airport i've visited, it's them listed at the security check-point.
    Yet STILL people are THAT ignorant and stupid that they claim ignorance to the list.
    It's crazy.

End of the day, it's their plane and they can prohibit what ever they want on their planes, that's their choice.
    It's your choice to fly with them or not.

If you don't then you either have a far longer journey or you stump up the cash and charter a plane for yourself.

It's not rocket science really.
    Check the prohibited items list before you pack your hand luggage and remove anything that's prohibited.
    Simple.

8. Jack_Wood

Jack_Wood Loaded Pockets

Society takes all kinds to keep it moving. I agree that it's important to choose ones battles. However there are a lot of battles I choose to avoid, while I'm grateful that others are choosing to fight. The TSA—out of hand, expensive, demonstrably harmful to national security—is one of those.

Edited to reply to Kwak:
    Except Warfusion's problem is theoretically when he is told he must lose an item which is not on the list of prohibited items (specifically, something which does not, but could theoretically hold a knife blade. As has happened in several documented incidents). I agree that it's somewhat impolite to call individual employees names or blame them when it is poor policy at fault, but this is still a problem.

Last edited by Jack_Wood, Oct 27, 2012
    Warfusion likes this.
  9. Warfusion
    • In Omnia Paratus

Warfusion Loaded Pockets

Is it really i
    Is it really ignorant come on I look on the TSA website all the time have you not seen all the confiscated items. A leatherman is consider allowed on a plane so is a knife and such items as long as it is in the checked bag and wrapped properly so that it won't accidentally open and hurt a TSA agent or employee. Trust me I know you have good TSA guys but there are a lot of :censored: holes in the world. Also do you understand that as a citizen you lost rights because of terrorists. If they want to get something onto a plane for a similar act they aren't going to go through the front door like the rest of us. They would find a way and well we're :censored: out of luck. Prohibited Items means :censored: read it again it says also at the discretion of the TSA agent as well so how can we know for sure you tell me. If i go to another state to do work I bring my multitool and a knife as well as other items and need it. I wrap it properly like I'm supposed to and they take It whats the reason for allowing it at all.So not its not simple like you say.

But ha I'm the bad guy because I don't like to be treated like a child have my stuff taken when I have done the right thing like a lot of other people that have had their Items which aren't always cheap or easily replaceable taken away. So I should go every time I travel buy new things or go out of my way and mail my stuff ahead of time to a hotel or where I'm staying and hope it doesn't get lost in the mail or arrive late. I honestly love MY country I just hate that as citizens we lose our privileges because of what others do. There's no more freedom in America anymore if we want it again we Have to start taking it back.

So if you think I'm ridiculous and ignorant I really don't care but personally I think things can be done better! I love America The People not the Government and what they do to Us.

10. herosemblem

herosemblem Loaded Pockets

Neat little tool. I did jot realize the Berber Share is as dark as it is. I always thought it was more of a lighter graphite color. (Kindle aurocorrect).

Warfusion likes this.
  11. Mighty Max
    • In Omnia Paratus

Mighty Max Loaded Pockets

Were did you get that flashlight? I got mine from a friend who works at BP and Ive always wanted another one but never knew what kind of light it was.
    [​IMG]

12. Alwaystcb

Alwaystcb Loaded Pockets

Funny thing, I got it at a car show...They were giving them away. I got two, one for me and the other for my wife. We love them and have never let me down. I use it everyday. I really like using it at night to walk the dog. It puts off just the right amont of light.

Mighty Max likes this.
  13. 1911 Nut

1911 Nut Loaded Pockets

Yep, TSA clearly lets you know what is allowed and what isnt right?
    Its been a few years, but 3 of us flew to Canada to fly fish for big brook trout. We checked into the airport in Washington DC and in our carry ons we had our flyreels. It was no problem. Well, we had a problem with a storm and missed our connecting flight and had to spend the night in Montreal and therefore go through security again the next morning. Guess what was a problem? They said our fly reels were stangulation devices. Our belts weren't, our shoe strings weren't, our shirt sleeves weren't, our pant legs weren't, but the fly reels were. And they weren't in DC. If we hadn't been able to come up with something to put our flyreels in that we could check, we would have just lost about $1200 worth of flyreels. They said this about 2 of us but the third guy got on with his flyreels no question. Now, I don't mind following rules. But:
    1. They have to be the same for everyone,
    2. They have to be consistent.
    Lastly, why can't i just back out and go home? If I don't want to go to Disney Land bad enough to be strip searched, then I should be able to do that without being fined or thrown in jail. Now I'm not talking about someone who has broken the law. If I disagree in any way with what the TSA jacklegs are doing, then I get arrested for disageeing talking about someone who has broken rthe law

14. 1911 Nut

1911 Nut Loaded Pockets

I'm not an idiot. I tried to fix the above post, but I'm typing on an android tablet and I can't get the cursor to go down to the end. Been trying for an hour.

15. Thomas Mark

Thomas Mark Loaded Pockets

The first item for my keychain was a county comm pry bar :)

16. customh

customh Loaded Pockets

My shard has been going through TSA sucessfully for a year now. Great little guy to have.
    [​IMG]