1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Find my unicorn ultra-micro sling pack!!

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by demPho, Jan 5, 2017.

1. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I too have learned acceptance.

2. trfkcop

trfkcop Loaded Pockets

Snug Pack Response . I keep mine close by always, strap can adjust from fanny pack to sling pack.

3. Myrddraal

Myrddraal Loaded Pockets

I totally NEED to know what this was now. Thanks for that ;-)

demPho likes this.
  4. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

I knew I'd strike some interest other than mine! I ordered the parts for my rendition of this bag. Should be arriving tomorrow. Then I've got to make a strap but I'll definitely report back in detail. I'm not giving up the hunt though. We all know we need more than one!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

5. WillAdams

WillAdams Loaded Pockets

For a similar bag, I've been considering a Chrome Kadet Nylon Messenger bag, but a search for "bike handlebar waist sling bag" results in the knockoff bag I just added to my bike, and am trying to fit out as a replacement for the leather laptop bag I've been using for a quarter century (but it's hard to replace something you've carried for half your life)

6. JFire

JFire Loaded Pockets

I just can't do a small bag....its too much in the man purse territory for me. MOAB 10 is as small as I'd go. Other than that its be a messenger bag or a backpack.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

7. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

I can dig it. I think the overall construction and outward appearance of these bags is enough to dispel any concern that I may be a snowflake.
    There was a package at my door when I got home from work today!!!! Unboxing and will assemble with some gear and get you guys some pictures. Don't have my strap yet but It'll get there!

8. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I made the guy an offer and he accepted it on Ebay for the So Tech Mission Go Bag and it showed up Today too!

Really Nice Bag!

I also have no pics or load-out yet but its coming.

I am really curious to see what special evil you are creating too!

Last edited by EZDog, Jan 11, 2017
    #48 EZDog, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  9. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Also I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner since I use mine every day?
    Different for sure but crazy handy too!

[​IMG]

demPho likes this.
  10. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

That's a solid hauler there! I just looked at it on their site.

It shall be a malevolent creature of such darkness man has never seen!

11. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

Dude! Yes! I love my Tech LC. What do you use that baby for? I'm very much impressed by Veto Pro Pac, and I've heard the warranty support is phenomenal. Thankful, I haven't needed it yet. Mine resides primarily behind my passenger seat in the truck loaded out with general carpentry tools.

No pics lol. Man, I need to step up my gear cataloging!

12. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Yeah I use an MC for standard pouch stuff but it is one that nothing can fall out of!
    I use a Tech LC for the rest of my every day stuff and the Meter Bag came free from them when I bought the Tech LC!
    Mine is the taller one the MB2 and I have all the longer tools in there that wont really fit in the other 2 easily.
    I can also load it for service.....almost and its nice as it can clip directly to any belt in case I need more than I Skinth carry away from the truck but don't want to lug the bigger bags.

I wear a pouch these days only when doing prewire/finish if appropriate.

I service/install automation and electronics all low voltage and all of my carpentry stuff is in an XT which is the first Veto that I bought when they first started and it is OK but hard to lift when full!

Actually my Sprinter is really my Tool Bag,I just can not take it everywhere?

demPho likes this.
  13. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

Sounds like you've got the bases covered! I was noticing how quickly I was filling up the LC and immediately thought about a bigger one but it's already worthy of going on a diet so I'm not sure that's the greatest idea. Like any sane person, I'll probably get a second LC and do two job specific bags. I've got a residential construction company where it's either rough and/or finish carpentry and then either estimating and/or inspections.

Recently I bit the bullet on a set of Occidental Leather Oxylight Ultra Framers and man, that's a conversation for a different thread, maybe even forum lol.

Those Sprinters are the ticket, I swear I'm tempted but the pickemup serves me best. Although, a neighbor of one of my customers has a sweet, custom mitsubishi "unimog" overland camper rig in his driveway and I couldn't possibly think of a better mobile office!!

14. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

And noooowwwww.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Space pen, foursevens atom, boker, visine

[​IMG]

Phone, beard comb, field notes

[​IMG]

Nintendo hanky, vaporshark, juice

[​IMG]

Austrialpin dual adjustable cobra

[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Myrddraal, Nick4305 and Brian Sandlin like this.
  15. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Yeah my Sprinter is a T1N from 2005 which are a lot less expensive to keep running than the current ones and loaded or towing I get around 28mpg which is a lot better than my V8 Tundra on a good day.
    Just a great work truck and a lot easier to do the work I do than a P.U.
    I can get 4 huge TVs in there together along with my tools and all stays dry too.

Today I went to a manufacturer that I didn't realize was local and almost pulled the trigger on their Belt/Pouch System,I suggest you do not look at these probably!
    Very nicely done,different than Occidental for sure but on the same league too.
    The nice thing is that with their system I can design a modular belt system like I want and carry the parts in their bag most of the time and work out of that but them pouch up the empty belt when needed.
    And when I say belt,I do not mean just belt!
    Very tempting.

Atlas 46,dont know how they came up with the name?

16. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Forum Doubletap again!

17. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

And now, phase one.
    I loathe you entirely. I think that's about all I can say.

EZDog likes this.
  18. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I can respect that.

demPho likes this.
  19. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

So is that just the one Maxped?

20. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

Yep. Daily Essentials Pouch. It has the smaller front pouch and then the main pouch has space on both sides. I'm already in conversation with my sewing guru regarding the strap. Holding off on the notebook sleeve as it will throw off the compact nature of this bag, and I tend to go in it so much it's easier to not have it in a bag. I'm going to use the cobra buckle to quick disconnect while slung across the body, and the biner for attachment at the d ring.