1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Find for me a 40l carry on hydro day pack with stock/cam boot and.. Drop leg pouches on waist belt.

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Fragarach, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Fragarach

Fragarach Loaded Pockets

So I'm looking for a carry on/edc/hunt/hike pack.. Yes I know.. I don't want much.

Going to be travelling, suitcase + backpack, got the case but not happy with my pack.

So has to be quad duty as I don't want to carry 4 bags.
    Everything will live in suitcase and swap out for each individual use so it doesn't need to carry everything at once.

1. Carry on for pillow/cushion/change of clothes/snacks/passport etc.
    2. Edc bag for around the city with missus for filtered water, jackets, snacks and shopping, so can't be camo or tacticool to attract attention.
    3. Day hike pack with emergency gear/food.
    4. Day hunt pack with quiver/ammo/calls in dropleg pouches, rangefinder and binos on chest, bow or rifle strapped to pack, preferably an expandable meat shelf etc.

Has to be carry on size ~40L.
    Not a stuff sack style.
    Well ventilated harness.
    Waist harness.
    3l hydro bladder.
    Rainproof blaze orange cover.
    Drop down boot to hold rifle stock or compound bow cam.
    Solid colour, no tacticool webbing.
    Removable chest rig.
    Removable dropleg pouches.

Can't seem to find anything that does it all.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

2. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I am confused by almost your whole list?
    Why would there be drop leg pouches on a pack?
    I have not seen this and the pack is not near your legs really anyway?
    Then why would a pack with these pouches and a rifle pass through not be a tactical pack and look like one by almost any definition?

Anyway I have been carrying the 1st Tactical 1 day Tactix for a year or so now and it seems to check a lot of your list but I also don't understand why you think anyone looks at your bag and that might cause trouble either,I don't think anyone cares as long as you are not advertising trouble no one will see trouble.

There is a nice pass through made for what you are after.
    The pack can easily take a large bladder.
    You can always buy any rain cover that you like and there is a place to store one inboard.
    There is a really nice frame system that can serve other uses too.
    I don't understand the removable chest rig thing but why couldn't you mount one to almost any pack straps.

I am also not sure that carrying a 40l pack on is too practical if yo want something to se on the plane.
    I have carried these on before but then I can only cram one into the pace overhead but usually not access or maneuver with it at all past that while in flight.

The 1st Tac. is covered in Molle but it is the Laser Cut version and not all that noticeable I think.

Hope this is a place to start?

fresh eddie fresh likes this.
  3. Fragarach

Fragarach Loaded Pockets

/snip

Not bad, need something with a waist harness tho for load distribution.
    And the drop legs to run off that harness and not slide onto the ground when you unclip it (like my current ones do on my hiking pack)
    Would like a boot similar to the one in pic for cam/stock.
    I've considered straight up hunting packs but most of those are stuff style, have a waist strap you can't attach quiver etc, etc or cost $800+ which I can't really justify on a single pack..

I'm going to avoid molle and camo as I don't feel like getting shot by some dumbarse police officer when I check my phone while it's hooked up to a battery pack in my pocket. We had 5 kids drawn on by cops last week because they were playing with plastic toy guns in public and apparently we are a safe country!

Bino and Rf pouches on chest. Problem is with all the after market ones I've seen they all attach in atleast 4 spots on the straps.. Then you have 6 straps to catch on things... And to drop my pack it suddenly becomes 6 buckles to unclip one handed while holding weapon and trying not to spook game..

40L is perfect for carry on btw. Most airlines have ~45L size as max when you work out the dimensions, haven't had a single problem with my 45l hiking pack on planes it's actually smaller than the little suitcases people bring on. [​IMG]

4. Fragarach

Fragarach Loaded Pockets

Basically I want all that in one 40l zip close modular system.. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Well that did not help me understand at all really?

Did you not notice that there is a Belt option for the Pack I suggested or that it was designed to carry a Rifle as needed?
    I still just do not understand the Drop-Leg pouch idea in any way or why you can't simply add them to almost any belt?
    Same for the chest rig thing,almost all straps allow for attachment to them already in some way.
    And then again I wonder why any pack designed to do all of this wouldn't look Tactical anyway and I do not accept that it matters at all either.

But this is not my problem and I tried to help so I wish you luck,let us know when you find it.

6. GoBlueCO1

GoBlueCO1 Loaded Pockets

Kifaru will build you a custom pack. I doubt you’re going to find exactly what you’re looking for ‘off the shelf”. But you’re not carrying on a 40L pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Fragarach

Fragarach Loaded Pockets

Will have a look see at what they can do, cheers.
    Why am I not carrying on a 40l pack?

8. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

fresh eddie fresh Loaded Pockets

What you are looking for is what most people consider First, Second, and Third Line gear all at the same time. Have you considered attaching your drop leg pouches to your belt? Then you would just need a decent pack with a beavertail and a chest rig like the HPG one or a Mystery Ranch wet rib to attach when you need it.

I have never heard of anyone being shot for wearing camo or having PALS webbing on their backpack. I can't walk fifty feet without seeing someone wearing some sort of camo and even Nike is making packs with PALS grid on it these days.

9. Fragarach

Fragarach Loaded Pockets

Yeah. I did say I didn't want much .
    Neither hunting or hiking gear has belt loops. On the pack waistband is pretty much the option.

Yeah. We can't even wear camo to the range over here due to the appearance.
    Can't have black or semi auto without special reason etc etc. Trying to work out how to buy a toy gun for my kid without being sent to jail atm as plastic toys look like real guns apparently.

10. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

fresh eddie fresh Loaded Pockets

If you do not mind me asking, if you are that worried about getting shot for pulling a cell phone out, or for having PALS webbing your backpack, why would you want to send your child into the world with a fake gun?

I go hiking every week and all of the pants I have that are specifically made for hiking have belt loops... you mentioned the need to dump your pack quickly in an earlier post, wouldn't having the belt not be threaded through belt loops be a benefit?

11. Fragarach

Fragarach Loaded Pockets

I wouldn't send her out with it in public. She's a bit small for paintball tho so gel blasters were a consideration. However they are now illegal "firearms" here. I'm just saying I don't want camo or tactical gear as you WILL have armed police come and ruin your day over here as the snowflakes freak at every little thing.

Not sure about belt plus waist strap. Will give that further consideration.