1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Finally! The "perfect" pocket tool!

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Glock 'em down, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Glock 'em down

Over the last few months, I've test drove a handful of pocket tools. It all started with the Leatherman Juice. While the Juice is a neat little tool, it was lacking some of the tools I want/need.

I then tried a Leatherman Kick. The Kick is what I consider a beginner's tool for somebody who wants a MT but not quite sure what they want. The Kick is a neat little MT and one that I still carry daily with me today.

Then I thought I needed a bit kit and an upgrade to the Leatherman Wave. While the Wave is also a good tool, I feel like it was more of a kinfe with tools added than a tool with a knife blade.

I've been carrying my Gerber 600 on duty in a Maxped single sheath for the last week or so. While the Gerber is an awesome tool and has all the tools I need (almost) it's a little bulky for EDC carry.

All I want is ONE tool that has ALL the tools I need right there without having to tote two or three different tools to have all the tools I need.

Here's my list of desired tools:

Pliars, straight blade, serrated blade, saw, file, large and small slotted screwdrivers and a phillips screwdriver.

Lately, I've been carrying a Victorinox "Hiker" for the saw, the LM Kick for the pliars and screwdrivers and my LM Squirt for the file. I've also been carrying my CRKT M16-13M folder for the serrated blade (partial) which I will continue to carry on duty regardless of what tool I have. It's my main utility knife. The one I can grab and deploy in the blink of an eye even in complete darkness instead of feeling and looking around for the blade on any of my other tools.

So I'm sitting here this morning with my coffee and just click on the Leatherman website and BOOM out of the clear blue sky - there it was! The PERFECT tool for me! :smitten:

The Leatherman Rebar! :dance:

[​IMG]

http://www.leatherman.com/product/Rebar

This little feller has it ALL! My two blades (regular and serrated) a file, a saw, the screwdrivers, pliars, even an awl and a can opener and all the tools lock! And it's got that awesome retro look like the Super Tool 300 and the Micra. ;D

I can hardly wait to get one! :agree:

If it only had a pocket clip. :sigh:

2. Nevark

Nevark Loaded Pockets

Congratulations on finding your perfect tool! :cheers:

Now to wait for it it come out though

Regarding the pocket clip issue, i would recommend the Clipdraw universal pocket clip that uses a very strong adhesive to keep the clip the tool. I use it on my original Leatherman tool and it holds up great!

http://www.clipdraw.com/store/index.php?rn=395&action=show_detail

While it shows in on pistols, it more then works on a multi tool ;D

3. Glock 'em down

Now that's a good idea! Never thought about that before! O0

4. Blackheart

Blackheart Loaded Pockets

Here. Takes a few minutes with a dremel tool and abrasive disk to install (need to cut a notch).

5. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

I hope the Rebar works out good for you.

I've been looking at that leatherman for myself for awhile now.

Look's like a great tool.

6. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

But all the tools are on the inside and theres no scissors.

You cannot beat the Charge Ti (or TTi) IMHO

7. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

Doesn't allow for a very deep carry, though. With an inch or so of exposure, I always worry the knife or multi-tool would somehow be snagged out of my pocket from a car seat, underbrush or something. I much prefer the nice, deep pocket clip on the Wave/Charge. It keeps things much more secure. An alternative to the Clipdraw you might consider is the niteIze eClipse. It attaches similar to the Clipdraw and has a really neat gripper devise that grabs onto the material and won't let go until you press the release. Really secure carry method. I have one on my cell phone. Works great.

8. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

i was looking at that a few days ago, i didnt see anything mentioned that the tool lock. i hope they do...

9. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

Looking at the pics on the LM site shows lock releases on it.

10. mrpink

mrpink Banned

the tools do lock. you can see the lock in the pics.

i only wish ihad the tools available on the ouside.

11. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

From the pic's I've seen it looks like it locks

I hope they do to ;D

12. tool amour

tool amour Loaded Pockets

I'm surprised you don't have a Swiss tool Spirit--it has locking blades, serrated blade, scissors, and feels great in your hand.

13. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Ditto. Sounds like you've got most everything else.
    Here's a link to a thread of mine if you'd like to see more pics of the SwissTool Spirit Plus w/ratchet. Maybe you've seen it, I don't know. It's my fav because of the tools, the layout of them(they're on the outside), and the ergonomic feel of it.

http://edcforums.com/showthread.php/92796-A-day-in-the-life-of-my-VIC