1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Finally: Passaround Box for the EU

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by tinker gnome, Nov 15, 2012.

1. StonePaw

StonePaw Loaded Pockets

I guess we'll have to organize ourselves and each one should contact the next one to send the parcel on its own :)

I would stick to the list in the second post though to not confuse anyone ;) If we would move up Valolammas we would have to move up the other Scandinavians and East Europeans as well and that might result in some mild form of chaos who's next :D IMHO distance doesn't matter that much for postal service anyways :nah_disagree:

I'm not sure if we do need one to supervise this thread/EU box.... however, I offer to have an eye on this thread and step in if things go south ;)

Once we're done with the original participants we could just keep the box traveling and extend the list to those who want to join :)

Opinions?

Sent from my stubborn mobile device using Tapatalk

Take2, O.J. and batteur like this.
  2. batteur
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

batteur Loaded Pockets

toemke received the box from tinker gnome, so there should have been some sender info on it with tinker gnome’s name and address. If I knew these I could try to find him in the phone book.

3. kabar24

kabar24 Loaded Pockets

I agree with StonePaw, lest stick to the list we have. From my experience postage can be very tricki from one scandinavian country to another...
    And till time Tinker Gnome is still MIA, if You have package You should contact the next person on the list, and just send it.

4. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Good points. All right, let's stick to the original order. I'll look forward to getting the package in a few short months. :p

5. Vesp
    • In Omnia Paratus

Vesp Loaded Pockets

I'll send it off as soon as I have Steffens address.
    Have tried to contact him, but no reply yet.

6. O.J.

O.J. Loaded Pockets

If we're shuffling anyway perhaps Norway-Sweden-Finland-Denmark-Germany is the way to go. But really I think it's better to keep it the way Tinker laid it out to avoid confusion.

Oaklington likes this.
  7. N2505
    • In Omnia Paratus

N2505 Loaded Pockets

Agreed, although topography wasn't his strong suit

Take2 likes this.
  8. Here Comes The BOOM

Here Comes The BOOM EDC Junkie!!!!!

Ok, obviously the majority has spoken, lets stick to the current order then. & who knows, it's possible Tinker is just having a little crisis & he'll be back soon perhaps.

9. Narcosynthesis

Narcosynthesis Loaded Pockets

Just to end any debate we will stick to the same order.

Without trying to make up rules I am not entitled to it was debated earlier if it was worth sorting it geographically, with the end result that it won't make any difference to shipping costs or times whether the package is moving between adjacent countries or skipping a couple over Europe, so to save having to reorganise and suddenly bumping some people down the list that were patiently waiting, we should stick to the posted order.

Given Tinker Gnome is currently MIA, we should be able to keep it moving anyway - all we need to do is personally contact the next person on the list for an address when your turn is nearing, and so the box shall continue on its travels. As a bonus anyone of a forgetful mind or otherwise MIA will get a reminder it is incoming and to prepare themselves.

10. Valerian

Btw, if someone has the time and inclination to collect the sent and received dates from this thread, I can update them to the second post.

Take2 and StonePaw like this.
  11. mole

mole EDC Junkie!!!!!

pfff.:furious: alox fetishism.

batteur likes this.
  12. StonePaw

StonePaw Loaded Pockets

Updating the post on page one would be awesome!!! :rolleyes:

Here you go :D

01..Hungary.......toemke.............06................done..............2013-01-06....2013-01-09
    02..Hungary.......sveqs................10................done.............2013-01-09.....2013-01-10
    03..UK.............shmook.............09................done..............2013-01-14....2013-01-15
    04..UK.............smashie.............36................done..............2013-01-18....2013-02-12
    05..UK.............Narcosynthesis.....49................done..............2013-02-14....2013-02-14
    06..UK.............jericanman.........65................done..............2013-02-19....2013-02-19
    07..UK.............Fabregas485........04................done..............2013-02-23....2013-03-09
    08..Austria........hartigan.............07................done..............2013-03-25....2013-03-26
    09..Austria........mole.................63................done..............2013-03-26....2013-03-26
    10..Norway.......k.o.milo.............11................done..............2013-04-09....2013-04-11
    11..Norway.......vesp.................13................done..............2013-04-16....

Lynx and Take2 like this.
  13. Valerian

Thank you! Post updated.

Take2 likes this.
  14. kabar24

kabar24 Loaded Pockets

Still no info from Steffen?
    Maybe we should concidern to skip to another person, Batteur, if fx Steffen will not contact till end of the week. And when we will have adress, package will go to Steffen next.
    Sorry, but I think when we dont known whats going on with one person, we should go to next one, after a week of waiting.

15. Steffen

Steffen Loaded Pockets

i was in contact with vesp 19/4, if everything went according to plan, he shipped it to me yesterday.
    don't worry.

16. kabar24

kabar24 Loaded Pockets

PERFECT:frantic::D

I didnt want to be nasty or something, I just have so little patience.....

17. Steffen

Steffen Loaded Pockets

guess what came in the mail today?:D

a package notice.
    so after consuming a better dinner + an hour on the couch, i walked to the grocery store/post office to pick it up.
    it took a while to decide, especially since i was torn between 2 items, but i eventually forced through a decision.

[​IMG]

tubes with screw lids,
    great stuff, don't have anything to put in them right now, but i'm sure they will come in handy.

[​IMG]

rescue blanket.
    never tried one of those before, so i'm excited to see how they work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thrunite ti
    i've read great things about it on a forum, i think it was here but not sure.
    and it even comes with a user manual!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

a maxped pouch, measures roughly 17,5x17,5cm.
    this will go straight into my edc-pack, will be used as a get-home-bag/pouch for edc items.

Mighty Max, Take2, batteur and 4 others like this.
  18. StonePaw

StonePaw Loaded Pockets

Wow, awesome haul! :rolleyes:

Sent from my stubborn mobile device using Tapatalk

Take2 likes this.
  19. batteur
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

batteur Loaded Pockets

Is the box still that big and heavy? Could I go to the post office or would driving be better? ;)

20. Fabregas485
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fabregas485 Loaded Pockets

Drive. When it was in the UK, I nearly killed my back when I was carring it in my rucksack. (I am way too young to be doing my back in)

Take2 and batteur like this.