1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Field Notes Versus Field Book Notebooks…

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by dmattaponi, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Same here. My "perfect" pocket notebook would be a thin (Field Note thickness) top-folding notebook with perforated Rhodia 80 gram paper (lined). I expect to see one on the market about the time that a Unicorn gores Bigfoot....:)

2. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

Similar thinking here, although with Tomoe River 65gsm paper :) And I'm about as likely to walk on Mars as I am to find such a notebook, especially a top-folding one. Even better would be one a specified with a 5mm dot grid, right margin-ruled, and numbered pages ;) A fountain-pen-friendsly civvy version of my old Military Police notebook, in other words ;)

Tesla and twin63 like this.
  3. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

D'OH. If I didn't bolt the grey goop in place, or something... The Pebble Stationary Co. I have two of their notebooks that use Tomoe River paper (in this case, 52gsm), and very fine paper it is, too. Just not top folding (standard 3.5" x 5.5" saddle stitched format).

4. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Japanese papers definitely.... Chinese harder to judge just because there is such a deluge of unknown brands. To learn more, if you're interested, I urge you to visit the Fountain Pen Network forums .... even if you're not going to be using a fountain pen. Plenty of folks there also use roller balls and ballpoints. FPN has dedicated forums to notebooks and papers. https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/

L'chaim!

Moshe

twin63 likes this.
  5. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

ummm.... I'd think using a touch screen to control dictating a memo into a phone whilst driving without handling it and looking at it would be a problem. Given that most states are now mandated for hands free only, I suspect doing what you suggest would be a huge challenge for most. And the same of course applies to using a pen and paper whilst driving....

L'chaim!

Moshe

6. victograph

victograph Loaded Pockets

7. Mabrowns

Mabrowns Loaded Pockets

Not sure about that when I was in grade school we used fountain pens with regular paper and no bleeding.

8. victograph

victograph Loaded Pockets

I don’t think it was the paper, people have lost or are losing the ability to write clearly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk