1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Field Notes Covers

Discussion in 'Andrews Design LLC' started by Nutmeg, May 5, 2017.

1. Nutmeg
    • Sponsor - Home Craftsman

Nutmeg Loaded Pockets

Two newer designs for field notes covers: One in a book cover style, and the other in a more traditional "passport cover" style. I usually carry a field notes notebook with me everywhere I go, and as such I wanted different covers for different environments.

The first is what I would call a "Book Cover" style design. The Field Notes cover faces slide into the pockets in the cover. This cover also features an engraving of the streets of downtown Pittsburgh (my home town). This is what I carry outside work, and it has served me well. Plus, the engraving is a great conversation piece.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second is more in line with what is typically sold as a passport cover. This cover features a cleaning exterior (with only my logo engraved), and two additional pockets on the inside for business/credit cards. This is the cover I use for work. The open second side makes a nice place to store folded sheets for notes torn out in meetings (or tearing out doodles before someone notices you aren't paying attention in said meeting...).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These designs leave a whole lot of real estate open for engraving, and I think some really unique pieces could be made from one of these as a base.

As with all my items, these were laser cut/engraved, but hand-stitched and edges hand finished. The combo of laser cutting and hand stitching allows me to make very straight and consistent stitches, and I pride myself on the quality of the finished product.

#1 Nutmeg, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2017
    DAVPHINS, Gary Gross and DCBman like this.
  2. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Those are great!!!

Would you like to sell some?

If so...how much?

3. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Loaded Pockets

Absolutely interested in selling some. Prices for each would be:

"Book cover style" (first example) $65

"Passport cover style" (second example) $75

Prices include simple engraving (monogram/initials, logo, simple artwork). There would be some additional cost for more complex engraving, or something that needs considerable processing to work with the laser, but that can all be worked out.

I can also offer variations if there was a particular design someone has in mind (pen pocket, extra card pockets, closure latch, etc). I'm open to any ideas people may have, just shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to work with you!

Note: Prices do not include shipping, but I'll work with the customer to find the best shipping method for each order. Most of these items fit into a padded envelope or small priority mail box, so I wouldn't suspect shipping to exceed $5-6 on most orders.

4. DAVPHINS

DAVPHINS Empty Pockets

Very clean looking and great thickness....Id buy

Nutmeg likes this.
  5. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Loaded Pockets

For those who might want to contact me by email: jon@andrews-design.com

I make every effort to respond the same day I receive an email, even if it's just to acknowledge that it was received.

6. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Loaded Pockets

Another variant of the field notes cover, this one made specifically to be as low profile as possible. Just a simple main pocket for the notebook, with an outer pocket for some business cards:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]